Bino My clever Burmese Python (7 photos)

Oh Linny.She is absolutely beautiful.you deserve great credit because
She is gorgeous. And what a beautiful color she is Linny.Will she stay that color.
Thank you so much for pics,and keep us updated on her progress.Can not
believe how well she looks.Well done linny very proud of you.Excellent:):):):)

aww Ally thanks xxx
I do hope she stays that colour especially her blushing on her face. Usually they tend to loose colour when they get to big/fat to fast. But as she is tiny compared to her siblings, she may well stay that bright and not sort of fade.
I never used to like Albino burms - probably coz the last one i saw that was over 20ft was obese and was a sickly pale yellow and not very healthy looking, but back then i didnt know much about snakes, so thought they all turned out like that.
Over the last 4-5 years ive learnt a lot about snakes (and other reps) and how to care for them. Which is why Bino is my pride n joy. I feel i gave her life and support and time where a lot of people would have given up on her. So much time and effort has been put in to get her the way she is today. Its just a shame i dont have any old photos of how bad she was when i decided to take on the challenge to try and force feed her rather than let her die.

Bino looks a Million Dollars Linny.Really what a great job you did with her.I know it was very hard for you
But just look at the reward.Hope you will keep us updated on her progress.I am really very interested
In seeing her progress.Excellent pics again Linny:):):):):)

Ally i will keep you updated- i might need reminding lol! but i promise i will x thanks for your interest

Dont worry Linny i will keep reminding you from time to time.And i am very interested in how Bino is getting on.I know the heart and soul you put into Bino,so yes i do like to know how she is progressing.Thanks Linny:):):):)

nice pics linny, she is growing nicely, your hard work is coming to fruition

Fed her yesterday and by god i wished i had someone with a video. As i walked in the room she could smell food. I opened the tank - gingerly as i do, had rat and tub in 1 hand and tongs in other. She lunged out at me ( glass was only open a few inches) - missed thankfully but by gawd her mouth was open so wide and she came at the food so quick she missed lol!
She shot back in tank and i tried again to feed her, she got it right in the middle, but then let go. I tried to move the rat but she was sitting on it, so left her. But she pushed herself against the glass and moved the glass out from its casing ( thought it was gonna pop out) after about 10 mins she started to move so i got the tongs and hook to try and move her and food . I managed to move food around so she could get to the head and eventually after thinking hard about it she managed to work her way round to eat it.

IT was the power in her as she lunged at the food that was a bit of a surprise. Shows how strong she is getting, and how wide her jaws can open when shes in feeding mode.
When she is in feeding mode she seems to get extra strength and is far more powerful. Thankfully i am sensible and know what she can be capable of - which is why when feeding large boids you should take care and not just open tank quickly - otherwise you could end up with a nasty bite. Its also them being defensive as if you move to quick they think you are a live food item so naturally "snap"
Next week i will take some more pics and weigh her

OMG Linny you must have got the fright of your life,i know i would.:faint:Glad she got her food and not a piece of you Linny.lolHope you are over the shock,i know you are very experienced in feeding Bino Linny,But please be careful.I am looking forward to new pics.Thanks for update(y)

lol Ally no i wasnt scared, a little shocked by how big her mouth was when jaws fully opened, but yes experienced enough to know what she is capable off. Most people that dont know or understand snakes would have been scared. If she had got me it would of been my fault. But i also get very impatient when its feeding time and want her to eat so when she strikes and misses i wont give in until i know she has taken it, and yes i do try and take it away and start again rather than just leave her. Suppose i worry incase she wont eat for some reason.
I do take risks with reps, but as said IF they get me its usually my own stupidity or stubbornness, and i would never blame the animal. But i also know not to make any sudden moves

thats a nice snake

lol Ally no i wasnt scared, a little shocked by how big her mouth was when jaws fully opened, but yes experienced enough to know what she is capable off. Most people that dont know or understand snakes would have been scared. If she had got me it would of been my fault. But i also get very impatient when its feeding time and want her to eat so when she strikes and misses i wont give in until i know she has taken it, and yes i do try and take it away and start again rather than just leave her. Suppose i worry incase she wont eat for some reason.
I do take risks with reps, but as said IF they get me its usually my own stupidity or stubbornness, and i would never blame the animal. But i also know not to make any sudden moves

you would nt get me neer that for a bet linny i would sh.t myself.lol

Back