Bit of help needed please

splodge77

Hi, got a 256 been using for years with same provider. Saturday just gone, box done an auto update, and is now stuck on the loop of auto updating, have disabled a/u in the inner portal, then rebooted it, still get the same, almost as soon as it boots up, goes to update screen. Anybody have any ideas please, been driving me mad for days
Thanks

Cheers pal, I’ll give that a go tonight.
I’ve gone through starting it up with NAND, NAND2 and DHCP to see if any of them can bypass it, but still no luck, so will try that tonight

Sounds like your provider doesnt support latest software version and thats why stuck in sw update loop.

either default box from boot menu to factory setting or if possible connect to another providers portal till it loads.

I tried with another provider and it works fine, weird thing is, I have a sub on a second box with the same ppl, and that’s fine (and no, the other sub wasn’t up for renewal) but he hasnt got back to me for 2 days, so it must be from their end
Thanks for the replies though

I tried with another provider and it works fine, weird thing is, I have a sub on a second box with the same ppl, and that’s fine (and no, the other sub wasn’t up for renewal) but he hasnt got back to me for 2 days, so it must be from their end
Thanks for the replies though
Yes may work ok on other magbox but you did autoupdate firmware on first box perhaps dns block in place even though not showing infomer block. have you tried installing no-block firmware yet . Also disable autoupdate on other box you seem to have good idea what you are doing just a suggestion on my part.

Thanks for the replies, my provider got back to me in the end and just switched the sub on, so it had nothing to do with any blocks (I don’t think anyway)

Back