Bizarre Mag box 256w1 issue. HDMI not working

Vee-man

Hi

Basically, I started my box up one morning having worked the night before

Loads up on Boot screen infomir, then Starting network interfaces then a blue\black screen when connected via HDMI. I have done a firmware upgrade in BIOS. I have tried booting by DHCP, NAND1 and NAND2. I have changed all video settings but nothing

Now the bizarre bit, when I put in a component cable. It goes in fine. Ive had both plugged in at same time also too look and its fine

What the bloody hell has happened to the HDMI port, is it physically shot on the box. Ive tried almost every setting. DVI is disabled.

Any ideas anybody

Also anyone using by component\composite. Which AV cable do they use. Might have to revert to this and is the quality much different to that of HDMI

You might have switched on whilst the footballs on..mine go`s off for 12 hours.
Have you tried holding the button down whilst loading to go into the inner portal.
If you see the boot screen then your hdmi port is working.
I say don`t mess and leave for a while..it`ll come back on.

You might have switched on whilst the footballs on..mine go`s off for 12 hours.
Have you tried holding the button down whilst loading to go into the inner portal.
If you see the boot screen then your hdmi port is working.
I say don`t mess and leave for a while..it`ll come back on.

Hi Thanks for your reply. Well I guess the HDMI port does work cause i see it working on bootup then suddenly a blue screen. I change cables to composite and i can see the portal fine. Plug HDMI back in and blue screen. I have defaulted back to original settings and no change.

Theres no issue with the cables as I have a 2nd box which works absolutely fine

is it still the same..?have you plugged the Mag into another TV..?test it with another HDMI cable in a different TV.
Is your TV- set to same settings as your MAGbox,if your TV is HDready ..ie 720p and your MAG is outputting at
1280p..maybe that could a problem..?
i suggest setting your Mag to 720p at 50hz in the inner portal..save then reboot.

Hi,I bought an i55 and plugged it into my TV via HDMI but all I get is no signal. I've tried several HDMI leads. My other android box works fine

Vee-man

You need to have your ethernet lead plugged in and working.
No ethernet lead,it will boot up with boot screen,then go blue screen
for several minutes sometimes..then will default to inner portal if left,
where you can then check settings ect.,

jadg
Your i55 is probably set to vga or something..try switching to basic leads and if comes on..change settings of i55 or press apropiate remote key to cycle through outputs until it comes on.probably a key marked as A/V
my best guess.

Last edited:
Vee-man

You need to have your ethernet lead plugged in and working.
No ethernet lead,it will boot up with boot screen,then go blue screen
for several minutes sometimes..then will default to inner portal if left,
where you can then check settings ect.,
Ok i was using a homeplug. let me try a direct ethernet port. I have left it for an hour before. soon as I plug in a AV i can see the home portal. Let me give that a go and will report back. Ive tried all tv settings, set exacrtly the same as the working box i have both Mag256s. one works one doesnt.

Will report back anyhow.

ive uploaded what i see. Please see video below.

Sorry in advance for the poor video, I only did it on the basis of help needed just now

Tried to show the best whats happening.

Ive tried to change boot method nand1 and nand2. No joy
Ive changed to every video setting, pal and ntsc and all other video settings. No joy
Ive updated the firmware in BIOS. No joy

Try flashing it with an older firmware, it looks like it is stuck in a boot loop rather than
a HDMI problem as you are getting the informir screen showing so the HDMI port must be working.

When your in the inner portal,goto Network info and goto wired(ethernet) if its working it will say UP and all info populated.
otherwise it will say down.and everything blank.looking like network issue to me ..?

Last edited:
inner portal Advanced settings set to LAN..i have my HDMI-CEC set to disabled on same page.

also Network (not avanced settings) should be the top one auto DHCP

Check both home plugs are switched on..wife might have been hoovering or something and unplugged you.
and that all leads are pushed home properly.can`t think of anything else.?
is you`re firmware set to auto update.
is your sub still active..?

JUST NOTICED IN YOU VIDEO

uPnP client enabled is set to dissabled in your video..should be set to LAN in advanced settings.
change to LAN save then reboot..should be ok

Last edited:
Firmware downgradced to lowest. No joy with that. I used this http://soft.infomir.com.ua/mag256/release/0.2.20-a6.15/
Had to disable auto update as it was set. No good.
One portal is set and loads up fine when i put in the av composite, switch back over to HDMI and blue screen. No joy.
uPNP set to LAN . No Joy. I actually thought this might be the issue
Homeplug is fine. It working on my other box. Anyhow I have connected directly via ethernet to router to test and No Joy

Im recomparing all my settings on both boxes at the moment. Any other recommendations.

Thanks though for all your help.

Network is up aswell. I have tried with both hdmi and AV in. AV loads up fine and channels visible. HDMI blue screen after the bootup bit.

Looks possibly i need to go and find a av composite cable as im using splitters and extenders. Do you know or recommend any like this? Struggling to find one.

http://www.mag254.co.uk/rca-cable-for-mag-250-mag-254/

And does anyone use it, whats the quality like

Don`t know about that AV cables....strange problem..frustrating for me as well..wish i could be there and help.
I was sure it was your uPnP client in Advanced settings set to dissabled..as your video showed that.
When you go to Network info/Wired(ethernet) does it show as UP and all info populated.?

Also you can do a speed test in SETTINGS which will show if your ethernet is OK..i`d definately try
that to prove it`s working.
Have a good look at your HDMI port on MAG..looking suspect now..if your speed test is ok.
Take your MAG and plug into a different TV..?
I think we`ve exhausted all possibles..Mag is F**ked.

Perhaps a full factory reset..?i think theres sofware on informir site for this.

Last edited:
Im going to do a full reset i think. Will look for it on informie. Speed test and network up. HDMI i would say is suspect but why is it visible on bootup.

Diff TVs make no difference. Thank you for all your help mate

Back