Blackview query

cactikid

VIP Member
I had to move provider from Vodafone back to Virgin Media Ireland and got a new sim with new number , i got my number ported over as everyone has it.

Now the fun begins i tried to send some photos to a mate in the AA and multiple fails ??

Tried sending to cousin and it got sent and received BUT it was the number of the sim i got and not my phone number.

She can ring my old number and gets through with no issue??

Any ideas guys as might be a data setting needing a tweak?

I'm not sure what it is you are having a problem with.
I've had a few blackview phones and never had an issue,
Are you using the dual SIM and have the correct SIM set up for data etc,?

I only have the micro one you break and removed Vodafone and replaced with Virgin.
i got a message on phonei need to install internet apn settings. to update with correct settings go to device support on vm.
my phone not listed.

Forgot to mention WhatsApp works

I had to move provider from Vodafone back to Virgin Media Ireland and got a new sim with new number , i got my number ported over as everyone has it.

Now the fun begins i tried to send some photos to a mate in the AA and multiple fails ??

Tried sending to cousin and it got sent and received BUT it was the number of the sim i got and not my phone number.

She can ring my old number and gets through with no issue??

Any ideas guys as might be a data setting needing a tweak?
Try looking at this, it may help:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content...uments/help/j2923-apn-settings-help-guide.pdf

I only have the micro one you break and removed Vodafone and replaced with Virgin.
i got a message on phonei need to install internet apn settings. to update with correct settings go to device support on vm.
my phone not listed.

Forgot to mention WhatsApp works
Generic Android settings should do, although you may have to manually input them, instead of an auto download.
If WhatsApp is working, then you know that internet is working, to a fashion, just the finer details need tweaked.

Bloody pain in the arse , it turns out mms is not supported and now if i send a text or/and text and photo it comes from my new sim but i got my number ported over.

The number change takes upto 24hr to move over depending on network provider.
Try turning your phone on and off through out the day they should’ve given you a change over day

Why phone call works if i ring somebody but text threw me for sure.

Texted a mate he not seeing it's me and will try later to see if fixed and i did reboot phone last night.

Sent a text this morning , afternoon and 18.30 no change.

I could spam Wheelo and he would not know. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

So, am I correct in you can send a text, WhatsApp and phone people, but it's all on your new number,?
But when people call you on your old number it still comes through to you,?

NEW NUMBER WAS ONLY A TEMP UNTIL MY OWN GOT PORTED OVER

I can send a text but its on new number as no one knows it they wont reply.

WhatsApp i use pc and hopefully they get it.

Funny bit is i can phone people and they know its me as they have my old used number.
Yes receiving phone calls on my old number which is what i want.

They are checking their end to see why texting from me is on the new sim that had number ported.

Probably best getting in touch with virgin to see if any issues with porting.

When I did mine from virgin to ee it took half a day although it said upto 24 hours.

I think my aunty had issues transfering her number with similar issues as you text and calls going via different numbers for a few days. I'm not sure what providers she moved from/to

10 min wait , 15 min wait , 1 hr wait with multiple calls.

VM IRL website on FaceBook messages 5 hrs for a pickup mention.

Be back on tomorrow for another chat as well over 48hrs and waiting.

10 min wait , 15 min wait , 1 hr wait with multiple calls.

VM IRL website on FaceBook messages 5 hrs for a pickup mention.

Be back on tomorrow for another chat as well over 48hrs and waiting.
Phone back up but choose option to cancel you'll soon get through to someone 😂

Whatsapp does not matter on phone number used and handy to know.

Looks like i might need a new provider as phone number is locked to sim when sending texts.

MMS not supported and Clear Mobile charges 0.30 for every one.

Whatsapp does not matter on phone number used and handy to know.

Looks like i might need a new provider as phone number is locked to sim when sending texts.

MMS not supported and Clear Mobile charges 0.30 for every one.
Power it off and remove the SIM.
Power it back on with no SIM and leave it five minutes to fully reboot/restart.
Power off and insert the SIM then restart

Back