Blank Screen for several hours

jclappi

I've had an issue several times (maybe once a week) where all my non FTA channels will not clear and I just get a blank screen. It's not my line as I've spoken to the provider and then gone on to try a couple of test lines while it's happening and they still don't clear. The issue usually resolves itself on it's own either overnight or if just left for a few hours.

I've tried restarting the router, restarted the box, reflashed the box, tried different ethernet cables, assigned a new ip address etc all with no joy so I've come to the conclusion it must be something to do with the router (Plusnet Fibre Hub) Why it occurs randomly I don't know. I've been through the event log and nothing looks unusual whilst it is doing it - although I'm not entirely sure what would be unusual. The firewall is off, and it does work 95% of the time. Last night I turned enhanced UPnP security off and at a similar time after a cam restart the channels did start to clear again.

Whether that was a coincidence or not I won't know until it ever does it again.

Does that sound like something that may have caused the issue, I've not seen it mentioned that this has caused issues for other people before. Or am I just unnecessarily making my home network less secure?

Is there anything else that I could do as if it wasn't that, I've run out of ideas.

Thanks
James

Hi bud.. if your fta channels goes down then it's more then likely your lnb.. I'm going through same thing with my father in law at the moment.. fta channels should always be their even if internet is disconnected. What image are you running?? When the channels go down check the signal from the dish.. mine gives me a signal percentage in the bottom right hand corner of the box that pops up when you change channel or select a new channel.

Double check all your coaux cables to make sure their connected properly at both ends and are not wet or dirty..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OK, when the paid channels go down have you done a network test on the box to make sure it's still fully connected?

Do your channels come back when you re-start your cam from the softcam panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, when the paid channels go down have you done a network test on the box to make sure it's still fully connected?
Yeah network is always still up and running thorugh newtrok test, no issues showing on router. All IPTV still working etc
Do your channels come back when you re-start your cam from the softcam panel?
No they don't come back on, just come back on randomly after several hours

Tried a test line - same issue

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 AM ----------

It's definitely not the line, I've tried a few different lines from different suppliers whilst the problem is happening, doesn't matter which one I'm using it stays off and then just comes back on on its own a few hours later.

id try a test line with someone else to rule out problems with your current provider
+1 sounds like its the line. He might just say it's all good to keep you sweet.

If you read his opening post, he stated he has tried test lines " It's not my line as I've spoken to the provider and then gone on to try a couple of test lines while it's happening and they still don't clear"
There is issues with PlusNet routers, it could be the lnb but I'm leaning more towards the router. Would be interesting to see the outcome if the router was swapped for a short period

If it's definitely still connected to net..
you have tried test lines whilst the Chanel's are down from other providers.
Fta channels still work and have good signal.
Then it's a tough one.. lnb failing can kick in and out or have channels missing. But if it's only paid channels missing and only fta channels working then I doubt it's lnb..
Maybe look into the plusnet issues?? As everything else is ruled out in my eyes. If you have a mobile device with the ability to share mobile network.. connect to it when channels are down?? If you have a Wi-Fi dongle that is??

I have seen this issue, turned out to be the oscam version I was running, the CAID the channel was sending out and OSCam was unable to get the ECM for the specific CAID, I upgraded to a difference version of OSCam which fixed the problem.

Back