Blood clot in groin

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
well just done a dash to local AnE department with old lady that lives near me.
she does a lot of baking for me and in turn i do her repairs on her car.
she rang me this afternoon complaining about pain and burning sensation in her leg and it looked very swollen and blotchy.
turns out she has a severe blot clot in her groin and shes been given blood thinners to help and looks like it was caught just in time thank god

20180305_113009.jpg
if you come across these looks on the skin seek medical attention urgently

well done mate, saved the old lady.

been through it with someone who had it in the brain and again got it in time.

a bit off topic but what repairs do you do?

Just been to pharmacy to pick her tablets up shes gotta take bless her and rang work for emergency rest day.

20180305_192600.jpg

She was more bothered about who was going to sort her dogs out so mi daughter is sorting them thank god

20171119_172211.jpg

Amazing work mate honestly.

You being there for her at such a stressful time can imagine how hard would have been for her.

Great news she is on the mend and great that you were there in time for her mate.

You are really appreciated in this case.. May I know what is this condition if you are aware by now.In case come across such situation, it will be beneficial to help someone else oneday

Most of the time it comes down to a lack of mobility and sat in one position for long periods of time etc.
Its quiet common in ederly people who have less mobility etc.
Its also a risk factor on long haul flights etc and this was one of the first questions she was asked when we arrived at the AnE department etc.
Not all people get the mockling effect you can see on her lower leg in the picture etc.
Thankfully she had ultra sound scan and it revealed the clot to be in one of the shallow veins and not the main vein etc.
Medical terms are
DVT deep vein thrombosis
SVT shallow vein thrombosis etc.
Hope that makes sense etc.(y)
She is now being taken care of by myself and daughter and ive paid a care company to give her some assistance till she makes a full recovery etc. Shes an absolute diamond of an old lady and i would do anything to help her because she has done so much for me when i was trying to bring my kids up as a single parent etc.
Dont take long to check on the elderly and you never know you could end up saving someones life with such a small thing etc.

Last edited:
My sister in law died from a blood clot in 1991, formed in her leg and travelled to her lung and that was that, she was only 25 years old and the mother of three young children, to make matters worse, she was in hospital at the time and was getting ready to go home when she collapsed, devasting effect on the whole family, even to this day, luckily you and yours were on hand to help this lady and there was a safe outcome, well done.

For blood clot its really difficult to pick up or see any signs. most of the people i know who had blood clots they or anyone around them never new

Back