Blue screen of death and USB fried!

D12UNC

I have a Zgemma H.2S and so does my mum, and also my 2 brothers. They all have wooshbuild 4.002 on them. They all have a sandisk cruzer blade 16gb USB (I know its not a lot but hey ho) bought from sainsburys so they should be REAL lol. Last week my bro phoned me and said he had lost all of his recordings they had just vanished, so I went round and the box wasn't recognising the USB. When I went into HDD there was nothing shown, I also went into CrossEPG and it was set on INTERNAL FLASH (NOT RECOMMENDED), I tried to move right/left but nothing the USB wasn't showing. So I put USB in Windows 10 Laptop and it came up with drive letter but had no info on storage (i.e) 16gb. I tried to format it but wouldn't work, tried low level format tool and that wouldn't work either????? So I took it back to sainsburys and got another lol So i thought it was something he had done????? Tonight Ive came in and the wife had coronation street on record and was wanting to watch it she pressed file list and then got the blue screen of death and now ive lost all my recordings and my USB has done the same its fried lol Any help much appreciated guys.........could it be the USB?

I might be wrong but the initial recommendation was to use a hdd with its own external power to prevent the usb constantly drawing power from the box. The bigger picture is, the usb port of your box might get damaged.

But there's 100's of guys using USB flash drives for recording mate? I even see loads of guys using micro SD for swap/timeshift & recording??? You could be right like! Anyone think the same???

Back