Bluetooth problems

span123

I have a 2016 Vauxhall Astra, I have recently got a new android phone , an Oppo A15. Problem is I can take and make phone calls via bluetooth, but can't play any music? The music system is Infotainment R 4.0 intelliLink

If it is any help, my Toyota asks do I want to connect
for music
for calls
for all
Check your settings, and manual.

how are you trying to play music? Spotify, or some inbuilt android app?

finally, just got another thought, on hte stereo, is there things like FM, AM, CD, AUX, BT?? If so, BT is the one you should be on. I say this as the phone can often override everything, but fot music, you often have to be on BT/Bluetooth setting on the stereo

Specific video for your system

Just trying to play music on my phone via Bluetooth. I can play it if I attach phone via USB port but not via Bluetooth. Phone is connected for calls etc via Bluetooth just can't play music

Did it play music via Bluetooth on your old phone. I have a nissan that will work fo B. T Calls but won't play music the same way. It says so in the manual. So needs an aux cable...... Paul

If it is any help, my Toyota asks do I want to connect
for music
for calls
for all
Check your settings, and manual.

how are you trying to play music? Spotify, or some inbuilt android app?

finally, just got another thought, on hte stereo, is there things like FM, AM, CD, AUX, BT?? If so, BT is the one you should be on. I say this as the phone can often override everything, but fot music, you often have to be on BT/Bluetooth setting on the stereo

Specific video for your system
Android auto doesn't work either. Went to the vauxhall garage and they said the entertainment system needed an update but there wasn't an update available at the moment

How very proffessional of them, - NOT!! but on a side note, if your garage couldn't get it going, how did you expect us to get it going?
Have you looked at teh other suggestions in my post, they may throw some light on your predicament.

How very proffessional of them, - NOT!! but on a side note, if your garage couldn't get it going, how did you expect us to get it going?
Have you looked at teh other suggestions in my post, they may throw some light on your predicament.
The question I asked here was about playing music from my phone using Bluetooth, I never asked about android auto .

connect to the unit using bluetooth from your phone

once connected click on the arrow to the right of the bluetooth connection

select media audio or similar.

try that.

Back