Bluetooth remote and Enigma2

TangoOne

Been looking for a new box and was leaning toward a gigablue ue 4k. One thing it's missing is a Bluetooth remote. Am I right in saying the vu+ box is the only one with a Bluetooth remote.

Has anyone every tried to add a Bluetooth remote to any enigma2 box. It such a simple function for a remote but makes a box so much nicer to use.

Cheers

I have only one experience of a bluetooth remote, and that is with BUZZTV box and stick.
I find it a bit of a "clunky" experience personally, as you seem to have to "wake up" the bluetooth if you've not pushed a button in a while.
As for connecting a bluetooth remote to a non bluetooth box, I think the problem is self evident in that sentence.
However, I remember years ago having a laptop without bluetooth, and I was able to buy a USB Bluetooth adapter, and could then send files to/from laptop.
I imagine it would be a bigger ordeal with an STB as each remote key has a different function, and would somehow have to be programmed to something the STB "understands"

I may be completely wrong, but that's my take , for what it's worth.

Been looking for a new box and was leaning toward a gigablue ue 4k. One thing it's missing is a Bluetooth remote. Am I right in saying the vu+ box is the only one with a Bluetooth remote.

Has anyone every tried to add a Bluetooth remote to any enigma2 box. It such a simple function for a remote but makes a box so much nicer to use.

Cheers
Not something i have ever done but if anyone knows it will be Abu Baniaz he normally reads most posts hopefully he can help (y)

Has the gigablue got a remote app so you can use a phone or tablet for a remote? I know from experience Vu+ has apps.

It's not even to hide the box, just coming from virgin media box the non IR remote was handy. Maybe it just the zgemma box I have now, is not the best for IR. You have to be head on for it to work.

I have VU+ duo 4k se with Bluetooth controller and a IR controller.
Its good but probably not worth the money, you don't have to point the controller at the box and the range is brilliant. Tends to disconnect / connect from time to time for no reason.
Openvix installs the necessary Bluetooth drivers for the controller you just have to set it up (done in 2 min)

Back