BM 7000s wont connect to internet anymore??

Hi,

I've had the bm7000s for almost 2 years without any problems, but all of a sudden it wont connect to my cline anymore, my router had been playing up a bit the past couple of weeks, disconnecting laptops and phones from wifi whenever i switched on my media pc , but this afternoon VM came out and installed a new modem which has solved all my connection problems on other devices, just not the STB.
If i try to connect to any of the online services on blade it wont connect either, so i dont think its related to the cline server, ive emailed my provider and he says everything is fine from his end. The router is assigning an ip address to the STB, and if i go onto my routers homepage it shows up as a connected device, i'm a little confused, ive been running the same firmware (04-01-13) for a fair while with no problems, strangely if i revert to a different firmware without the 9991 menu, i can connect to youtube etc without issue, but when i swap back to patched firmware, no connection???
any ideas, as ive kinda run out lol
jon

Hi Jon, under System Settings/IP Settings check that you have DCHP enabled and that addresses have been assigned to your blade by the router.Maybe a factory reset,after backing up channel list,and an another firmware reload will do it.Or perhaps the router has some firewall protection that's stopping the Blade.Good luck.Cheers.Mark

Hi,
thanks for the reply, as it turns out, I emailed my provider and they had forgotten to update my subscription, so it was trying to connect to the clines all the time and basically seemed to be screwing up my Internet! Once it was all sorted it connected again straight away, although the service seems to be badly freezing now, and the sync between sound and picture is out a lot of the time, seems strange, as I've been using the same provider for around 18 months with no major problem, but since their recent 'upgrade' and a change to a different port it's not been good at all :(

Hi Jon, I don't use a provider but I would imagine they are a lot busier in the last 4 months,since Astra 1N has gone tits-up.I tried a provider with 2 servers(I believe you must have 2 for reliable service) a month ago and it was fine.Perhaps you should try another provider.Don't forget the ping time should be below 100ms,although mine worked fine below 150ms,for the internet speed.Cheers.Mark

He sent me an extra test line last night and it was working fine, but when I disabled that line and connected the two original lines, it was working fine anyway?? I also tried a test line from another provider, which was hopeless to be honest lol.
So all in all, I still don't know why it was happening, but I've got working telly again so it's all good :)

Back