BMW 520 Sat Nav Disk

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi guys,
Hope I can Wrack your brains, A guy in work, and member on here has found an ISO file of a BMW Sat Nav disk for another colleague. I burned it onto a Verbatim D/L disk (it is 8 Gigs) but when we tried it in the car, it didn't seem to recognise the Disk.
What I need to know is
1. is there a layerbreak that I need to input into the settings of imgburn?
2. is there anything else I should have done?
3. does anyone have a link for this software that they know works, if there are no positive answerrs to the above?

Cheers
Wheelo

sinno

VIP Member
That sounds awfully large wheelo for the map,you should get a iso to fit onto a regular disc
HERE is always a good place to start and imgburn at slowest to 4x is a good range of speed to burn

Last edited:

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hey Sinno,
there are two different versions, one is a dual layer disc that has all europe, the second comes in three parts for single layer disc.
I found one of the single layer discs where you sent me, and have to try it in the car now (y)

sinno

VIP Member
Wheelo how did you get on with this,i am looking to do 1 also for a friend of mine,i have read the disc has to be a +r,was this your experience

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Sorry for the Delay Sinno, just noticed this now (my notifications didn't come through) I didn't get anywhere with this as it happens, but I wasn't TOO pushed to do it either, I burnt the Dual layer, it did nothing, I then burnt a single layer version, and he said it did nothing, I did ask him to come across and see me so I could see what version of radio/cd/dvd/GPS running what firmware so I could investigate further, but he never did, so I just let it die off.
I used a Verbatim +D/L and a + single layer, I believe your first port of call is to find the model number and firmware on it.
if you find out that, then post here, I have no problem giving you a dig out searching the right way

sinno

VIP Member
Just to update this i got a 2012 Buisness iso,burned the image to a verbatim dl +R disc at a requested speed of 1 but got 4,it worked straight of without a reboot of the system,from what i can gather if the navigation system just shows arrows its the buisness edition,if it shows maps its the professional

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Fair play to you, did you check out what system was in the car, or did you just download on spec?? And what is the Difference between business and professional? Was it just a matter of putting the disc in the DVD/CD player, then it runs, or is there something else I should know?

sinno

VIP Member
It was hard to figure out what 1 was in it,but from a bit of research i figured out it was a buisness map because of the display size of the nav system,the professional has a larger display and i also think it has a boot loading hdd,and yep it was a simple burn and run straight from putting the disc in,there was no need to reboot the system,made some people very happy indeed

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Also a two year old post lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2