Bohs To Lose Fenlon ?

noelyf

VIP Member
Dundee Utd allowed to speak to Fenlon

Tuesday, 5 January 2010 20:37

Bohemians have given Dundee United permission to speak to manager Pat Fenlon about the vacant role at Tannadice.

Bohemians secretary Gerry Conway told the Press Association: 'We've given them permission to approach him subject to compensation being agreed.
'I don't know whether they want to interview him as one of a number of candidates but there has been no agreement between the clubs with regards compensation.

'I don't see it going any further until that happens.'

_46470259_peye_derry_v_bohemians011-1.jpg

Fenlon has three years left on a four-year deal with the Dublin club.

Reports earlier today claimed that Fenlon has already spoken to Dundee United and as Conway stated, it remains to be seen if the Scottish club are just looking to formally interview Fenlon or offer him the job.

Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill is also rumoured to be on a list of possible targets for the SPL club after Craig Levein left the post to manage Scotland.

I'm on here since 2 oclock and heard this on the news as i was coming in, why didn't i post that.lol

anyway, Nutsy has been a great servant to Bohemians as a player and it looked like he was going to do the same as a manager. If he goes, I wish him all the best but he would be well advised to remember what happened to stephen kenny in scotland.
Nutsy did well at Shels when he had money, but didn't do so well at Derry where he had none. even at Bohs he had spme money to spend, but i dont think that he will have a lot to spend this time.

best of luck Nutsy

Fenlon move off after talks break down

Friday, 8 January 2010 18:46

Bohemians FC have confirmed the breakdown of negotiations with Dundee United over the move of manager Pat Fenlon, after the Scottish outfit accused Bohs of making 'excessive' demands.

The League of Ireland champions gave Dundee United permission to talk to Fenlon, while expressing their desire to retain his services.
Discussions over the last 24 hours on compensation to be paid to Bohs failed to produce a mutually satisfactory package, so the Dublin club has announced that Fenlon will remain at Dalymount.

The Scottish side, however, have accused Bohemians of making 'excessive' demands for compensation.

They said in a statement: 'Dundee United has decided not to pursue any further interest in Pat Fenlon as team manager due to the excessive compensation demand made by his club and an unwillingness to reduce this.

'We now consider the matter at an end and will pursue other options.'
United are believed to have thought they could secure Fenlon for free because he was owed bonuses by the Dublin club.

But Bohemians were reportedly not prepared to budge significantly on a compensation demand in the region of €250,000.

glad he's staying, though if they(Dundee) want him,they'll have to pay something. Bohs hold the aces at the moment and it's a matter of who blinks first.
If Dundee haven't the money to pay €250,000, what hope did they have of giving nutsy money to spend in the transfer window?

Back