Boiler Fault.

Jethro

TK Veteran
Any decent plumbers got any ideas, our combi boiler keeps losing pressure I have turned it up 4 times now today, I wouldn't mind but it was only serviced last month, when pressure goes it flashes E1 19 if that helps.

Hello mate have you a service plan ?
If so give the service team a ring
Or
leak in the pressure relief valve, an issue in the expansion vessel, air in your system, or a leak in the heating pipework itself either way I would give your engineer a bell..

You can only check rads and visible pipes and boiler for drips to guide you but as said might need an engineer out for checking further as said.

Any decent plumbers got any ideas, our combi boiler keeps losing pressure I have turned it up 4 times now today, I wouldn't mind but it was only serviced last month, when pressure goes it flashes E1 19 if that helps.

have you bled the air from the radiators?
bleed them before you top up, then when you top up, get it to about 2.5bar or whatever the recommended pressure is (a red arrow normally) and fire up the boiler, check it every five mins to see if it drops.
if it does, go around the house and check under all rads (and pipe drops) for damp patches on the carpet and check the downstairs ceilings for damp spots as there could be a small leak somewhere

In the extension I needed to bleed a radiator. The bleed nipple was on the rear of the radiator purely for Asthetics. But a nightmare.

Thanks lads, I think I will play safe and give them a bell as can't find any drips or damp spots, thanks to everyone who posted much appreciated.

No m8, the only other thing I have noticed is it seems to lose pressure when the heating tries to fire up, should know a bit more when I give them a call.

I had a mass clear out with 2 single mattresses ,a bed broken up and other electrical upto the recycling dump,container was nearly full so on its way somewhere.

Hi lads, just an update on boiler problem I have noticed the pipe outside is dripping regular, any ideas what's causing it ??.

Back