Boosting signal-please help!

Hi. I have an ASUS router connected to my modem for IP protection. I need to boost my signal to all corners of my house. I’m wondering what the best boosting system there is and how to connect it (via my modem or router).
I don’t want to pay the earth but want a good signal everywhere.
Hope people can help

I purchased a tp deco mesh WiFi a couple of years ago, never seem to get WiFi issues no more, I tried using WiFi extenders but they weren't great for me.

There are 3 units throughout the house, one unit plugs into router, then they all communicate together.

Not sure which is the best at the moment, but they range in price, I think I paid £180 ish if I remember correctly.

100% worth it, to stop the kids moaning they can't watch you tube.lol

unless you have phone or device not having ethernet slot to plug in these will make it look like a wired ethernet cable
But if you want only WiFi then these are not for you

I also have the Deco M4's, best thing I ever bought. I have the set of 3 as router is in one room and enigma2 box etc in another so have a deco in each with the third upstairs. never had a drop out since getting them

For most homes the biggest upgrade you can do is ditching the ISP supplied router and going for a 3rd party router but you say you already have an ASUS router.

Is the asus router wifi 6? Wifi can be really variable from house to house, more prone to poor range in older houses with thicker walls

If you go for a mesh system, make sure you get a tri-band one, a dual band will share the backhaul between the nodes with your devices which is not as good.

For most homes the biggest upgrade you can do is ditching the ISP supplied router and going for a 3rd party router but you say you already have an ASUS router.

Is the asus router wifi 6? Wifi can be really variable from house to house, more prone to poor range in older houses with thicker walls

If you go for a mesh system, make sure you get a tri-band one, a dual band will share the backhaul between the nodes with your devices which is not as good.
this is why I like the deco m4, has 2.4 and 5 and then uses own band for communication between each deco so doesn't interfere with devices

I have the ASUS rt-ac86u and think it dual band. So I’m guess getting a couple of mesh satellites will work!?

Cheers I’ll have a look at these now. Are these the new Wi-Fi 6 ones. Not sure what that means but everywhere seems to be advertising it!!
Wifi 6 is a faster broadband, if you're going to getting 1gbs broadband then wifi 6 router may be worth looking at BUT if none of your devices, laptops, phones, smart lights, tv's etc are wifi 6 ready then you won't gain a thing by having a wifi 6 router

The DECO M4 are not wifi 6

Back