Boosting VM TV signal

muzicman

Until recently I have been using a 3 way splitter to run my VM Cable Broadband router and 2 ZGemma boxes with no problems. However, recently I have found that some of the HDD channel pictures are are breaking up. Changed the splitter to 2 way and picture has improved but obviously this means that can't run my second box. It would seem that VM has reduced the signal to my property.

Fro what I can gather it would seem that I need a signal amplifier, but which one?Do I need this one? Konig Professional TV amplifier 18 dB 1 output return path | eBay or this one? Konig Professional TV amplifier 20 dB 4 outputs active return path | eBay

Do I use the amplifier and then connect it to a 3 way splitter or use a four way amplifier to connect to my modem and 2 cable boxes.

Can't find an answer on Google and hoping that there are some experts on here to help

the four way splitter one seems ok, I would have a two way splitter from there i would go direct to the modem and the other feed put the amp then the feed the boxes from two of the four outputs.
I used one many years ago and took some time to tweak it to get it to an acceptable level.

u cant boost vm signal only split and not lose signal ask a virgin guy to buy hdu off him or goto cab outside and put u in better tap and port

Can some explain the difference between 5 - 1000 and 5 - 2400 on the splitters? which one should I be using for a 3 way splitter VM setup?

pm me your address i will post u one free unless postage expensive need to jump up loft dont split then split again run all from one splitter my splitters are virgin ones

Last edited:
Sorry for digging up an old post, but i suppose this is what the search function is for.

So the virimin cable goes to a brown junction box outside the house, here there is a 2 way splitter installed.

I have one cable going into my study connected to the bb router. The other i have going into a zgemma h2h in the lounge room.

Before i realised this splitter was already in the external junction box i tried to split the signal/cable going to the router. I used a 5 - 2400 splitter. The h2h box worked but the picture was uber glitchy and the internet kept dropping. I then just ran a cable from the external junction box to the lounge and set the h2h again and it worked like a dream.

I now have a 2nd h2h box replacing the openbox v8s in my man cave, running the wooshbuild and love it. but i would love it further is i could use dsayer dual image for hd channels utilizing both virmin and sly.

Question is, how can i best split the cable going to the router without causing slowdowns and such. Or should i just get an IPTV sub for the man cave?

Regards

I had this problem last year... it's nothing to do with splitters or boosters... it's the cable strength signal coming into your home... When I had my faulty TiVo box replaced , the cable guy went outside and checked the signal strengths.. He said mine was all over the place... He set them up correctly and now my Edision os mini cable box is running glitch free... So if I was you I would call VM and say your getting glitches on your tivo box... Get them out and ask them to check cable strength signal coming into home.. Once done you will be all sorted with a glitch free box...

Back