WooshBuild Boot stuck on -49- After FLSH (flashing OpenATV 6.2) H2H

tritoch

Hopefully this will help anyone else who has a zgemma h2h and has been frantically pulling their hair out for the last 2 hours as have I.

So the instructions to install WB Infinity are actually perfect but there seems to be an issue with the H2H boxes and I think I've found the solution.

So I have 3 H2H boxes. I copied the zgemma folder over to a freshly formatted 16GB FAT32 Drive. I navigated into zgemma/h3 and changed the file named noforce to force. Next, I shoved it in the back of the H2H and proceeded to flash (and it got stuck at 49%) - scoured the internet to read people suggesting a power supply replacement, using a tool to format the drive properly, and various other solutions (none of which were necessary for me)

Having tried installation a few times, I realised that even when stuck at 49%, if you open a browser and get OpenWebIf on screen (using your box ip), you can open a terminal window and carry on the installation procedure. Ignore the fact that it says -49- and just carry on through the installation procedure and it all works fine. In fact, as soon as you type in the opkg command, it moves on from 49 and gets to 98. Just keep going and it ends up working fine.

Have now done this on all 3 of my H2H boxes so I can assure you this works fine and solves the mystery of the 49 percent hang with OpenATV nightly builds.

Good Luck!

<snip>
I navigated into zgemma/h3 and changed the file named noforce to force. Next, I shoved it in the back of the H2H and proceeded to flash (and it got stuck at 49%) - scoured the internet ...........
<snip>

Thank you for your advice, but I would like to clarify for any beginners reading this. When the above occurs, chances are that the box has flashed successfully and is now on the boot up sequence (the zgemmas just show FLSH when flashing , not % of flash) and may stop at 49% awaiting user input .

Back