Booting issue after flashing backup

claudia99

Hey guys, bear with me 'cause I'm a total noob o_O

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any downsides to installing a full e2 backup. The reason I'm asking is that I personally made a full image backup (after extensively reading about how to do it on this forum) of a friend's Zgemma H2H setup (openatv) a few days ago, because I liked it and wanted to install it onto my own H2H without having to configure anything.

My box seems to work fine overall, but I immediately started noticing that, following a full reboot or even simply restarting the GUI, it doesn't seem to go through a normal rebooting process and as soon as it hits 50, it leaps to 99 which doesn't happen on my friend's box. This happens most times after a reboot, but I occasionally do see a regular booting process. Still, all in all, it takes the exact same time as my friend's box to restart, however I'm wondering if this leap during the booting process is normal and/or could lead to other issues in the long run, and if this might indicate that the image backup was not up to snuff or something.

I already tried reflashing the backup to no avail. For the time being I haven't noticed any other major issues while using the box, but I guess what I'm asking is... does the loading percentage mean anything in terms of what steps the box goes through and could this prevent e2 from loading properly, and if so, do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or could this somehow be caused by some sort of cable issue (hdmi cable, sat cable, etc.)? Thanks.

Hey guys, bear with me 'cause I'm a total noob o_O

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any downsides to installing a full e2 backup. The reason I'm asking is that I personally made a full image backup (after extensively reading about how to do it on this forum) of a friend's Zgemma H2H setup (openatv) a few days ago, because I liked it and wanted to install it onto my own H2H without having to configure anything.

My box seems to work fine overall, but I immediately started noticing that, following a full reboot or even simply restarting the GUI, it doesn't seem to go through a normal rebooting process and as soon as it hits 50, it leaps to 99 which doesn't happen on my friend's box. This happens most times after a reboot, but I occasionally do see a regular booting process. Still, all in all, it takes the exact same time as my friend's box to restart, however I'm wondering if this leap during the booting process is normal and/or could lead to other issues in the long run, and if this might indicate that the image backup was not up to snuff or something.

I already tried reflashing the backup to no avail. For the time being I haven't noticed any other major issues while using the box, but I guess what I'm asking is... does the loading percentage mean anything in terms of what steps the box goes through and could this prevent e2 from loading properly, and if so, do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or could this somehow be caused by some sort of cable issue (hdmi cable, sat cable, etc.)? Thanks.
I cant see your problem if everything is working fine but if you want to do a reflash go to blue button/save settings to save your settings which will save your line what is on the box and a few other setting then exit out then blue button again on the right flash online go to the latest image and flash your box sometimes you have to press blue button again when in flash online to get latest images. After the reflash is done blue button again on right restore settings let it boot up all done

Thanks, gray1313. I'll do that then. I just thought it was a given e2 boxes progressively count up to 100 at boot, so seeing it rush through the second half of the process in one fell swoop struck me as a little odd.

Still, as for other issues, I did notice some random freezes during playback of recorded shows or when timeshifting on a handful of channels since flashing the backup, which I figured was due to poor signal because of bad weather. However, after scouring the forum for info on this, I've just checked out the latest log files and saw a bunch of instances of "All write buffers busy" and "OVERFLOW while recording".
Code:
21:33:38.813 [ W ] dvb/demux.cpp:546 asyncWrite [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
21:33:38.813 [   ] dvb/demux.cpp:445 wait [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
21:33:40.585 [!W!] base/filepush.cpp:393 thread [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
21:33:50.918 [ W ] dvb/demux.cpp:546 asyncWrite [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
21:33:50.918 [   ] dvb/demux.cpp:445 wait [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
21:34:01.585 [ W ] dvb/demux.cpp:546 asyncWrite [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
21:34:01.586 [   ] dvb/demux.cpp:445 wait [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
21:34:03.981 [!W!] base/filepush.cpp:393 thread [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
So, I just played back that particular recording and that's exactly when the freezes happened last night. Now, I don't know if this could be in any way related to the booting issue I described this morning, but what does "OVERFLOW while recording" even mean? There are not a lot in there on a given day, but quite a few on some channels (as you can see in that log above, it happened twice in about 20 seconds) which I suppose will result in as many freezes during playback of those recordings, right?

Yes, media/hdd. Just checked yesterday's log now, I recorded some stuff and did a whole lot of timeshifting, and this overflow thing only happened twice all day. Would you say that's par for the course? And more importantly, when this overflow goes down, is it a flash drive issue or is the box to blame

Yes, media/hdd. Just checked yesterday's log now, I recorded some stuff and did a whole lot of timeshifting, and this overflow thing only happened twice all day. Would you say that's par for the course? And more importantly, when this overflow goes down, is it a flash drive issue or is the box to blame
I would initialise your usb again but before that check that epg/settings is also set to media/hdd

Yes, epg.dat gets saved to media/hdd as well.

Anyway, I followed your advice and reflashed earlier today, and the booting issue is gone.

Then, I also re-initialised the stick, and so far so good, no more freezes. Thanks a lot for your help.

Yep, I was afraid of something like that so I didn't do that. After all, I only have a handful of plugins, so I basically just manually backed up the userbouquet files, the lamedb file, and some other stuff, and then FTPed it all back to their respective folders after reflashing.

Back