Booting up problem

grahamer67

TK Veteran
A mates zgemma h5 has today started knocking itself off when it counts up to 49, it was going into standby, so we tried a couple of different power supplys in, same thing, then different ethernet cable, same, just tried a new HDMI lead and its now going up to 49, but instead of putting itself into standby, its now keeping on the grogbuild picture with the continuos blue circle, cannot connect to it via webif either, just hoping someone else has some idea whats wrong as I have never had this on any of my boxes before.

I'd try a fresh USB flash with just the base ATV to see if it boots up fully if it does simply restore settings. It sounds like the box is waiting for a reply to a request or has a conflict in software (skins can cause this), the spinning blue circle is an indication that the system is busy or waiting for a response.

can you connect to it via putty?

has he updated anything recently?

What are you going going to your mate ? LOL

Only lives around the corner, but he and his wife are not good with this stuff and she had a face on because she is missing her daytime tv, wouldnt have bothered but he texted me this morning asking me if I knew what it was, I had to take the daughters dog a walk around that way as she is working from home, but her my son in law will be doing that from now on as his work has closed, I will try flashing open atv from a usb and see how it goes.

Only lives around the corner, but he and his wife are not good with this stuff and she had a face on because she is missing her daytime tv, wouldnt have bothered but he texted me this morning asking me if I knew what it was, I had to take the daughters dog a walk around that way as she is working from home, but her my son in law will be doing that from now on as his work has closed, I will try flashing open atv from a usb and see how it goes.
Any issues when done and to save going around i will help and explain how to do it from the comfort of your arm chair (y) The dog can walk its self cause i aint doing that :ROFLMAO:

Stopping at 49 could be a skin issue, if you flash grogbuild choose default skin

Better doing it remotely considering the covid spread, takes 5 mins

Was able to get open atv flashed onto it, so if he now connects his hdd back up to it, will he be then able to restore his settings to get it back as he had grogbuild on it, but now its open atv with no channels.

restoring settings should put his details back but the box will be missing parts of the image: (skins & some plugins) they could be added manually or now that the box is working with base ATV you could run the script for grogbuild & then restore settings (if a settings backup was made prior to the system borking up).

Last edited:
A mates zgemma h5 has today started knocking itself off when it counts up to 49, it was going into standby, so we tried a couple of different power supplys in, same thing, then different ethernet cable, same, just tried a new HDMI lead and its now going up to 49, but instead of putting itself into standby, its now keeping on the grogbuild picture with the continuos blue circle, cannot connect to it via webif either, just hoping someone else has some idea whats wrong as I have never had this on any of my boxes before.
If it's started knocking its self off atleast it can't get accused of been unfaithful pmsl

Back