bootloader upgrade

johnner09

hi folks, i have my ibox 2 a couple of days now and i've tried a couple of images, all open Vix, but stuck with the one sucmnsee left in downloads (Helios xp folder). however, i read there is a new bootloader upgrade (29th may 2014) and was just wondering if i should install it and is it safe?? thanks

john.

I can vouch it isnt lol. Ive put on 1 box and have it running ibox modded vix apollo03. Problem is the image plugins havnt caught up yet.
1- ondemand wont install
2- 1-1 backup creates xpeedlx folder (after this bootloader you can only flash cloudix folders which cant just be renamed. Tried renaming cloudix to xpeedlx BEFORE I ran bootloader to see and it flashed but remote didnt work. Ive yet to try flashing with old pre bootloader image renamed folder to cloudix but will let you know in 25 mins lol)
3- box seems much more speedy and responsive but for normal user I dont know.

Anyway. Setting other box then ill try the above on flashed 1.
But id recommend giving it a swerve for now until things have time to get right. There is no visible difference to me in graffics etc or features over using helios017 image which everything works on perfectly. Even the boot image is same as helios.

---------- Post Merged at 12:31 AM ----------

Remember always use cloud safe images as ibox are clones

Last edited:
cheers buddy, i've seen the openvix image you can download after this bootloader and it is the apollo image and from reading a previous post i saw you were not happy with it. i'll watch this space.

Dont get me wrong im using it on my main home box but im someone who needs to be able to make images regularly of main box so for next .... days weeks months im gonna have to buy another box to use as main. And if you don need that or ondemand everything else works. But apparently these boxs have a habit of running into issues if you stay with the most modern. Cloners have to keep up with plugin developers who have to keep up with image releasers. Bound to be a weak link now and again. Also heard bootloaders are one of the mos common causes of physically blowing something in a box. Dont know if true or not but makes sense.

---------- Post Merged at 12:58 AM ----------

Ok. Running xpeedlx image folder renamed to cloudix on bootloaded box. Flashed fine and.......

Worked a treat. Gimme 5 to test plugins etc.....

All plugins including ondemand working ;-) Schweeet lol

Ok to clarify. Took an image off cloud ibox 2+ running modded cloud ibox 2+ safe version of helios017 on 11/06/14.
Bootloader applied from airsatddt
Had modded Apollo running but doesnt seem resdy on these boxs
Renamed the helios backup 11/06/14 xpeedlx to cloudix and flashed the bootloaded box
Everything seems to be working fine
Box is definitely faster ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 01:19 AM ----------

Again this is all new and probably not stable for general use. And all cloud ibox 2+ specific

Last edited:
so are you saying its ok to run new bootloader and rename and reflash helios backup folder ?, tempted to give it a try :whistling: ?

Dude Im ok to kill (not just brick) a box and have another box there as backup. But up to you. Is faster. And I like that its helios and more stable rather than Apollo. Another but though. Heard that theres even clones of these out there so I dont want anyone losing out. Ya know?

I just tried this new bootloader,

and its a lot faster,... the remote feels a lot more responsive as well.

i was a bit worried about trying it, but glad i did.

thanks, sucmnsee.

Back