Bosch Tumble Dryer - No heat

otakujon

Hey people.

I'm sure 99.9% won't even look at this post and who could blame you... faulty tumble dryer? who cares?

but I'm hoping one or two of you knowledgeable good samaritans out there in TK will feel my pain and give me some advice.

It's a Bosch WTA 3200

The problem is the tumble dryer works fine from a mechanical point of view its just not generating any heat.

Actually to be precise. It runs for about 20 seconds and blows hot air but then it stops for a few seconds and then restarts and the air blows cold.

I'm guessing something is making some thermostat trip. Searching online there are loads of references to a red trip switch (under the cover) that can be reset on the back. I have checked this one and it is OK (I pressed it anyway but no change)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any all help and please let me know if I can provide any more info.

OJ

when it stops and blows cold air restart it manually and reset temp and cycle. it just may be a mainboard problem. how new is this?

Hi Aldan - I'd say she's 6 or 7 years old

Let me get this right. As soon as she blows cold I power her off, change temp and power her on again?

Theres not a lot of controls on the thing...

toggle Power on/off
toggle Dry Delicates
Door open

and then a knob with 8 programmes (I suppose heat/time?)

any help?

OJ

---------- Post Merged at 06:48 PM ----------

it just may be a mainboard problem.

Yikes! I hope not :(
wta.jpg

no idea but have you checked for lint overload and machine can vent air correctly,does your model have a water tray?needing emptying.

The stat for these are probably just a bi metallic strip located above the drum. After 6 or 7 years the strip is probably softened up and needing bent further apart. found this worked temporarily on an old TD but cheap enough to replace from any domestic suppliers and more reliable.

not having seen it,it sounds like when it shuts down the temp resets to no heat.if you power off and reset for heat and cycle and you have heat on restart that would lead me to the mainboard. that having been said i am an automotive mechanic by trade,jack of the rest,an master of one.lol

Sounds very much like a cut out or thermostat (red button with wire in wire out slide on spade connectors). I had this problem, so I replaced the cut out which cost me about £4 two years ago and it is still working. Simple to do task

Back