Bosch Washer/Dryer Series 6 - not heating clothes

dear guys,

I recently noticed that when l select to dry clothes on the Bosch Washer/Dryer that they are still wet.

I’ve had the washing machine for 3 years and assume that it could be

1). Fluff that’s built up inside the extractor fan...is this fairly easy to locate and clean ?

2) Is there a reset switch on the front panel, upon removing the top cover - does this need to be pressed when the machine is powered on? Where can l locate the reset switch ?

3) replace the thermostats - are these easily removed - unplug and replace - where could these be purchased - eBay ?

Are there two that need to be replaced ? What do these look like and where are they located ?

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks
Charlie

There will be a heater element in there to warm the air used to dry the clothes, this would be my first port of call.
They're probably available on ebay for a few quid

Is this located at the front of the machine or rear
I’ve opened the rear but can’t see anything that looks like a heating element

Cheers

I don't know as I've not got one of those machines.
If you copy/paste:

Bosch Washer/Dryer Series 6

into google, it comes up with service manuals, one of these may have internal diagrams etc

No worries, think the fault is little different as it seems as instead of heating, water is being added to the load as the window of washing machine is wet - no heat is being provided

Seems like there was another reset switch at the rear of the machine - no idea about that one

I got a guy that came out and looked at it, pressed the switch and he’s off...£20 so ain’t so bad if the problem is fixed

Thanks for your help guys

The thermal overload switch usually operates for a (safety) reason, i.e. there is a fault elsewhere on the dryer/washer.
You will find out next time you use the dryer.....

Back