Box constantly crashing

frazzle

Hi folks, hoping someone can help

Got my box yesterday and promptly transferred my gift and setup the sky skin.

Was playing about with it last night to figure out the recordings, went to be and got up this morning to a crashed box... Clocked displaying 22:15 so I'm assuming that's when it went tits up.

Powered it on, tried recording again, box crashed... Black screen.. Nothing else.

Powered off at back, back on, tried again.
This time the recording started then suddenly black screen and crashed again. Again had to reboot at back of box.

At this point I'm thinking maybe it's my 500gb USB Hard drive, so I've unplugged it and tried again.

This time watching BBC one HD it lasted about 5 minutes then the screen flickered and went a multitude of various colours on bottom half of the screen and froze... So again power off at the back.

Also my epg has lost everything bar BBC one, two and sky 1, everything going else is blank

Rebooted again and it's been ok on BBC HD for the past 10 minutes, anyone had this happen and can shed any light on whats going on?

Oh also done a software update as well about 10 minutes ago

All this rebooting is doing my head in and I can't imagine it'll be doing the box any good

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If it has VIX in it and you've updated that's probably your biggest issue. VIX don't support it. It sounds like you need to Reflash your box or load one of the backups on here

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Well I spoke to max at zgemma and it looks like a faulty box, so sending the duff one back and be will send me out a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back