Satellite Box freezes

imzy

Hey guys.

I got Openvix build on my H7s. I’ve noticed when I’m watching Netflix on my smart tv the box freezes. I have to switch it off from the back. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Change firmware or build and its that simple
I hear ya Moshi but I like Openvix. It’s probably the best build. Only downside for me is that when I’m watching Netflix or prime video I’ve notice the box freezes the picture only but the sound still coming through. Has anyone else know the issue would be. Seems like after some inactivity it causes the box to freez, maybe.

Put the box in standby mode when watching netflx if you are watching netflix via the smart tv

I have this exact same problem! ever since I switched to OpenATV, it started happening. I’ve flashed grogbuild and a clean image of OpenATV and I still get random freezes and lockups and I have to reboot at the back as well.

Whats the best way to debug this?

I have this exact same problem! ever since I switched to OpenATV, it started happening. I’ve flashed grogbuild and a clean image of OpenATV and I still get random freezes and lockups and I have to reboot at the back as well.

Whats the best way to debug this?
Best way is to explain what you are watching.
1. Freeview
2. Freesat
3. Normal satellite
4. IPTV

Best way is to explain what you are watching.
1. Freeview
2. Freesat
3. Normal satellite
4. IPTV

It happens randomly.

I use my box for various tasks. I've got DiSEQC switches attached to both satellite tuners. Both of them are connected to 28.2E and 13E. Tuner C is connected to FreeView. I also have a CIFS share mounted to my box (The freezing happens regardless of the share being mounted or not), and I use the OpenATV media player to access the resources on [CIFS share]. I also stream channels using RTSP to various devices around my house.

It will happen at random. Whether I'm watching a satellite feed or streaming stuff from my NAS. Sometimes, the box is stable for days then just randomly freezes for no apparent reason.

I was using Grogbuild at one point, but I found it to be far too unstable. So I flashed a fresh/clean/unaltered copy of OpenATV to it and the freezing and such reduced dramatically.

Sometimes, the UI freezes but audio still works fine.

My suspicions:
- A third party application or some sort of service in the background is trying to do something but hits an exception, which isn't handled in code.
- Even though I bought my box directy from zgemma themselves, there's a chance I've either got a clone box or I've got some dodgy hardware in my box

My questions:
- Is there a way to get some sort of stack trace from the box whilst it's stable and when it's in a crashed state?
- Is there a way for us all to compare what hardware we have in our boxes to see if we have a bad batch/clone boxes?

Openatv 6.4 is very buggy
If you can find 6.3 and try that or if you have recent crash logs you can upload them here to see if it's anything obvious.
They're in home/root/logs

Openatv 6.4 is very buggy
If you can find 6.3 and try that or if you have recent crash logs you can upload them here to see if it's anything obvious.
They're in home/root/logs

Just SSH'd onto my box and the logs directory is empty. :(

Thanks for the tip about 6.4. I'll downgrade to 6.3 on the weekend and give that a shot.

Back