Box keeps Rebooting

channelking

Hi

Had issue with box rebooting itself for week or so. But has got much worse last few days as keeps rebooting numerous times throughout the day randomly.

Any one having this issue on ATV image or same box as me (TM nano 3T)?

On latest version of ATV 6.3 also.

Not sure if image problem and worryingly whether the box is dying which is what I strongly believe.

Most modern receivers have short circuit protection on tuner circuit that results in reboot. If your other ongoing issue is still present, then the issue tallies.

If that isn't the cause, do you have a crash log? If you do, attach it to forum. You will find it at the location specified in logs menu. Default is/home/root/logs

Not sure if the short circuit protection is the issue. But if that is the issue guessing nothing can be done to fix it if box is failing?

Not sure if crash log is present due to how many times it is rebooting. Can I check from FTP program like filezilla when connected to box?

If short circuit protection is kicking in, disconnect the signal wire with the short circuit.

Yes, use FTP to see logs.

If short circuit protection is kicking in, disconnect the signal wire with the short circuit.

Yes, use FTP to see logs.

Have two sat feeds coming into two sat tuners though.

Will try to see if there is any logs.

Just checked the logs folder via FTP and shows as empty which is strange but thought there wouldnt be any logs as was just rebooting itself.

Really not sure still what this short circuit protection is and that it is the cause of the random rebooting of the box. It seems then there is no fix to this and box is coming to an end.

Truly screwed in this regard it seems.

New box is last thing I can afford tbh so I really really hope box is not gone.

Cant I use a power supply from something else in my house on the box if indeed the power supply for the box is failing?

Does not seem that I have another 12v power supply with same pin.

Is there no other way to know for sure if box is faulty/failing?

Is it not possible to fix the box?

If I test box at another house and rebooting keeps happening there will that mean box is failing?

Just gona be struggle for someone to let me test box at their house.

If had another power supply could have ruled that out also.

If box reboots at their place points out its a box issue

ALSO take note dont press remote buttons too quickly as that will have an issue with box saying error and restarting which differs to rebooting.

If box reboots at their place points out its a box issue

ALSO take note dont press remote buttons too quickly as that will have an issue with box saying error and restarting which differs to rebooting.

Parents are ones who use box for sat mainly mate. So without working box kinda screwed. So hoping I can still get it fixed because folking out for new one is not an option for me.

No error comes whenever it reboots, just trying to change channel or even or a channel just randomly reboots.

Are you pressing buttons quickly if so try doing it slower.
Are you sure it does not go to

" sorry box has had some issue and will restart in 20 or so seconds?

I asked them and they only watch handful of channels and said they dont press buttons quickly as they dont watch many channels.

Nope every time it has rebooted never has error message come on screen. I know what you mean though as used to have that happen on box quite some time ago.

It just randomly reboots if your on the channel but noticed mostly reboots randomly when you changing channels. When it reboots it goes to ATV screen.

Back