Box won't boot

inaminute23

TK Veteran
Hi, my box is booting to 49, but then goes into standby. I've tried to re-flash, but the box isn't reading the usb, front or back. Can anyone please advise?

Have you tried holding power button in on front of box when you power on with the flash image on usb

install putty on your pc and then connect to the box using putty.

Once logged in type :

Code:
init 4

That will stop enigma trying to load.

Now you have a few options:

1. tyoe
Code:
ls -lt logs
this will list all logs on the box in date/time order, take a look at the lasted one (first in the list) to see if it gives any clues. You can look at it by typing:
Code:
cat logs/LOGFILENAME  |more
The more at the end means it will show a page of text at a time, press space bar to scroll to next page of text.

OR

2. sticking at 49, is normally a bad plugin or skin, have these changed recently?

2a. You can either delete the skin folder which would force enigma2 to start with the default skin. You can do this by typing
Code:
rm -rf /usr/share/enigma2/SKINNAME
(Make sure you add the skin name or it will delete the whole enigma2 folder.

2b. Edit the /etc/enigma2/settings file and rmove the line that starts
config.skin.primary_skin

If you do 2a or 2b then you need to restart enigma with the following
Code:
init 3

OR

3. assuming you still have the fat32 usb stick plugged in you could try flashing from the command line :

first move to the folder that contains the image you are trying to flash:
Code:
cd /media/hdd/zgemma/h3
or if that fails try
Code:
cd /media/usb/zgemma/h3
and then flash using the command
Code:
 ofgwrite -r -k ./

Note this will flash the box and remove all your settings

OR

4. try flashing grogbuild from the command line but this will need an usb stick that has been initialised on your box, ie the one you used on the box for recordings - Grogbuild FreeRange for all boxes without flashing first - Sat + Cable - openATV or openVIX

if enigma2 hasn't started then I don't think webif will be running, but I could be wrong.

My box has the 49 error after I rebooted this morning. Please see logs below. What keeps causing this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191223-111324.png
    Screenshot_20191223-111324.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 8
Ftp home/root/logs you should see some crash logs or debug logs grab the latest log. Check the the log doesn't have any iptv details then zip it and upload here.

It was the openvpn I tried to install dsayers script. Nightmare this. What can be done?Box is working now as I deleted the folder using the script above

actually box has loaded but now hanging. I can access logs tho, see attached

Attachments

• Enigma2-debug-20191223_11-29-38.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back