Bristow Remembered: One Year On

Joe516

VIP Member
ERIC BRISTOW MBE passed away one year ago on Friday, with the world of darts paying tribute to the life of the legendary figure on the first anniversary of his passing.

Five-time World Champion Bristow died after suffering a heart attack in Liverpool on the same night as the Unibet Premier League at the Echo Arena, aged 60.

A unique, popular character, Bristow is widely-regarded as the sport’s first superstar, was crowned World Champion five times between 1980-1986 and also won five World Masters titles during an outstanding career.

Bristow was one of the founder players of the PDC (then World Darts Council) in 1993 as the sport's leading stars broke away from the British Darts Organisation.
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/04/05/bristow-remembered-one-year

Being a scot, it was always Jocky Wilson, but i remember watching a documentary about Eric Bristow, [ i aways though...what an arrogant shit he was ] but after watching this document about him, it certainly change mind about the guy, HE was the guy who put darts on the mat and was a true gentleman after all...

Last edited:
Yeah what a character bristow was and his arrogance on the dart board was rarely matched in his heyday.
He and a few other caused a lot of controversy when they made the split to form the PDC but he didnt care he just wanted to put darts to the top no matter who it offended.
And as for phil taylor becoming 16 time world champion everyone laughed in bristows face saying he was mad to sponsor him and he was gonna be a flop but look how that turned out and the rest they say is history .

RIP bristow and thanks for the memories

Crafty Cockney i think he was called,yep years ago when i looked at those beer swilling champs.
R I P

Back