Broadband and sky installed.

Cariad81

Hi, I'm really sorry to sound so absolutely dull but I'm really not used to using forums! I have a problem and was hoping someone could help?! I've literally just had broadband with sky installed. I was with virgin until this morning. I use an STB smart app on my Samsung TV and It was working perfectly this morning through virgin but since I've changed over to Sky Broadband this afternoon my STB smart app won't play anything!! I am hoping someone can help me???

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Thanks very much! I'd already removed broadband shield because I assumed that was the issue, but it's not helped. I'll get hold of my iptv provider now. Really appreciate the help, thanks 😊
Is your tv on WiFi or ethanet if on WiFi try on ethanet and vise versa also are other apps working like youtube ect on TV but ask your provider to reset the ip and give your line me a kick

Cariad81

Is your tv on WiFi or ethanet if on WiFi try on ethanet and vise versa also are other apps working like youtube ect on TV but ask your provider to reset the ip and give your line me a kick
Contacted provider, unfortunately they're on their way back from Holland!! So won't get that sorted today probably. I'd already tried the old switcheroo with the ethanet cable etc, but that you anyway for the tip! 😊👍

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Have you tried tethering from 4g to your tv so your tv is coming nnected to your mobile hotspot

Cariad81

Have you tried tethering from 4g to your tv so your tv is coming nnected to your mobile hotspot
No, didn't try that! Thanks, I'll give it a go. If it works I'll let you know. Thanks so much for helping me, I'm really grateful. 😊👍

Cariad81

Contacted provider, unfortunately they're on their way back from Holland!! So won't get that sorted today probably. I'd already tried the old switcheroo with the ethanet cable etc, but that you anyway for the tip! 😊👍

bazcfc1 Hi! 👋 I just wanted to say a big Thank you for all your help the other day!! It finally got sorted on Friday but I'm only now getting the chance to message you!
Anyhoo, I genuinely do appreciate you taking the time to message me and help me, if you hadn't told me to speak to my provider about resetting my ip I never would have sorted it!! So, thank you very very much, hope you're having a good weekend, take care, all the best 😊