Broadband, argh! lol

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
Ever suffered from loss of broadband?

Winds you up doesnt it?

Hate it when you cant get in touch with your ISP or they just dont answer your questions properly and keep you confused whenever you phone them up?

I sure do! lol

Hmm so where do i start.

My "ISP" decided that it will upgrade all its 2MB customers to 10MB for free, so thats what it did. I was paying £4.50 for 2MB because i also had a telephone line with "ISP". So all was good and well, since ive been a customer with "ISP" for quite a while, they decided that they will throw in a free TV reciever with no extra charge to watch the Free To Air Channels, and they said once you've setted up this reciever, give us a call and we'll activate it for you, and along with that your internet connection will be upgraded to 10MB. So yup, thats what happened alright. But hey, no, they decided to charge me £25 for that free upgrade?! from £4.50 to £25 :bang head:. Furious as i was. I decided to email them, explained the situation, as clearly as i could. But i was told that they know my broadband package was upgraded to 10MB and the standard charge for this package is £25? and the upgrade is only for customers on the 2MB package, Hey! but i was on that package??

What?! I did not request for the upgrade in the first place! and you advertised it as absolutely free, i know this is the case because there is no 2MB service anymore, the lowest is 10MB, "ISP" wants to move ahead and call all the shots.

Looking at the "ISP's" site now, it appears that if you have a phone line with them, and pay £28 pound a month, you can get 50MB broadband?! and thats for new customers only, fair enough theyre differentiating their existing and new customers here, but never the less £25 for 10MB is abit to much for my liking. I've sent "ISP" an email regarding this issue and like most of the time i still have not yet recieved a reply!

What do to with these companies?

Last edited:
my internet connection is very up and down at the moment and it is starting to get to me im sure il be back to rant very soon hope you get a response soon bad

Modem has been playing up with me lately, so phoned up "ISP" and they said they will send me the new modem through the post within the next few days, so hoping R*yal Mail does not let me down on this one. However after the call, the modem started working 20 minutes later, its not something i can bare anymore, so will just activate the new modem when it comes, and as for the old modem im either going to keep it or smash it with a hammer. (y)

Last edited:
lol not looking good dan we all won`t the weekend off so all deliverys will be hit by the strike saturday. :whistling:

lol not looking good dan we all won`t the weekend off so all deliverys will be hit by the strike saturday. :whistling:

ahh just great. lol

Hmm, its working now, but cant bare to experience it everday lol, but glad its working for me temporarily, bought some clothes from a US company too, so nothings looking good delivery wise. I wish Royal Mail would sort this dilemma out already, christmas is coming soon so they cant afford to continue with the slow service.

they can`t ask us to deliver 18 bags of mail a day waying in at 203 kg of a day. nearly half a ton of mail in 210 minutes.

Back