Broadband deals

grahamer67

TK Veteran
So been trying to get VM to give me a good deal without a phone line rental for many months now, currently paying them £50 a month for broadband and we have a v6 box with a basic tv package, plus the line rental, which is around £18, basically trying to get them to scrap the phone line rental so we would only pay around £30, we can get a package without a phone but for some reason they are wanting to charge far more than the £50 that we pay now, strange one, bills due to be paid this week so I was thinking of paying up and saying cheerio and looking for a new broadband provider, just wondering what other broadband deals there are out there, that can cover a good internet service around the house and cover the running of 2 boxes , a zgemma h2h and a dreambox, any suggestions welcome.

It would depend on the infrastructure close by to you, just to help anyone who may want to help, if I recall correctly, you are in Northern Ireland, arent you?
Unfortunately I'm no use, I'm in the ROI.

I was with ee in UK good speeds shite customer service needed Google translate never had any problems with them talktalk had them shite speeds shite customer service bt are good was getting 76mbps which was good but for some reason they put 2 seperate numbers onto my line and was charging double still disputing it now but with you been in Ireland I can't say which would be best if mods would let you start a poll for the members who live in Ireland may help you decide or leave vm and get it in your missus name or one of kids/grandkids names see what new deals they have to offer

There's no problem with adding a poll to the thread baz/Graham, but I don't know that there are that many NI members, are there?

We kicked them all out lol.
If your using vm for enigma2 boxes would the feed vanish as been removed? Paying for a service then line will stay connected.

No, looks like BT, Broadband and TV deal (no phone line), VM rang me back this morning and offered me Broadband and TV, without the phone line for £58, I asked them why on earth would I take that deal considering I am paying them £50 now for the same deal except the phone line is included at present.

That’s weird as I was paying £58 for basic package 100meg broadband tv basic. I phoned up I got the lot down to £36.... I think if you said your going and that’s it they will phone you up and ask you to stay. I know a lot that pay £36 now so he’s spinning sh*t they can do it

Your new package now includes:
Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre and phone
Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

That’s weird as I was paying £58 for basic package 100meg broadband tv basic. I phoned up I got the lot down to £36.... I think if you said your going and that’s it they will phone you up and ask you to stay. I know a lot that pay £36 now so he’s spinning sh*t they can do it
We have told them yesterday that we are gonna go elsewhere, then I got that call this morning with the increased price for less than we have been getting, worst thing is , we have been with them since 2001 through to now.

i have vm broad band with no phone line have done since i got vm years ago was on 100mb at one point and got them to put me down to 50mb no phone so now im on vivid 50 with discount
My Latest Bill
Bill total:£30.00Bill date:10 Jun 2019 goes to £33 after 12 month

i have vm broad band with no phone line have done since i got vm years ago was on 100mb at one point and got them to put me down to 50mb no phone so now im on vivid 50 with discount
My Latest Bill
Bill total:£30.00Bill date:10 Jun 2019 goes to £33 after 12 month
Thats the sort of deal we would have took, but they said they can only do it for new customers.

I was with sly £25.99 for just broadband 30mpbs then got a email to say they were having to increase to £29.99 for some bt issue!! I would not have minded but the deal I was already on was only arranged 5 weeks prior, I asked if there was any early termination fee, they said no !! So I said I'm leaving.
Joined BT got 50mpbs for £29.99 for 18months plus £80 master card and Samsung galaxy tab!! The following week sly phoned and said they could now do it for £20 as a loyalty bonus!! I said the boat h as now sailed!!

I was with sly £25.99 for just broadband 30mpbs then got a email to say they were having to increase to £29.99 for some bt issue!! I would not have minded but the deal I was already on was only arranged 5 weeks prior, I asked if there was any early termination fee, they said no !! So I said I'm leaving.
Joined BT got 50mpbs for £29.99 for 18months plus £80 master card and Samsung galaxy tab!! The following week sly phoned and said they could now do it for £20 as a loyalty bonus!! I said the boat h as now sailed!!
yeah, looks like its gonna be BT for us too, it takes 2 to 3 weeks, so we will need to take another month with VM, not in a contract with them so be switched by this time next month.

graham i wasnt a new customer when i started of with vm i only got 30mb years ago and then they come up with that one few years later were they started putting it up to 50mb then 100mb after a while after saying i wouldnt get charged so i rang them and got the m to put me back to 50 said i didnt want 100mb and would leave otherwise as my contract was up and they did it was £26 when i first got it last may and now its £30 just checked my contract so im gonna bell them tomoz and see what deal i can get get they usually put it back to £26 then it will go back up in a few months M50 Fibre Broadband thats what it says on me bill ask for that and get rid of your tv package you dont need it

They are supposed to be ringing me back after 6pm, so when they do, gonna tell them about the deal that BT is offering, see what happens.

All the problems I have had with sly and Vm is when I have some sort of tv package, when it comes to the renewal they seem to think that you owe them some sort of loyalty because of the deal you've had and the box they have supplied!! Broadband alone puts you in the driving seat as everybody wants you, so without the tv bit is when I got my first enigma2 box, I think if they said you can have it for free I would say stick it up your ar### before I knew about 3pms I was paying shit loads to watch the Foxes 8 times a year on sly live and getting excited for MOTD on a Saturday night!! You will always get a deal with broadband on its own.

Back