Broadband suppliers that you don't need a VPN

russyb

I keep hearing a lot about smaller more local based broadband suppliers that do not adhere to the IPTV court order currently effecting the big 3 broadband suppliers (sly, VM, BT).

Was wondering if we could start a list of tried and tested broadband suppliers that don't need a VPN and still have pretty respectable speeds.

I'm personally on VM @100mb and most weekends need a VPN which agrivates the hell outta me as I couldn't give a toss about football season, so am considering a change.

Just thought this may also be helpful to other members in similar situation.

I keep hearing a lot about smaller more local based broadband suppliers that do not adhere to the IPTV court order currently effecting the big 3 broadband suppliers (sly, VM, BT).

Was wondering if we could start a list of tried and tested broadband suppliers that don't need a VPN and still have pretty respectable speeds.

I'm personally on VM @100mb and most weekends need a VPN which agrivates the hell outta me as I couldn't give a toss about football season, so am considering a change.

Just thought this may also be helpful to other members in similar situation.
You do realise they are blocking servers aswell as end users isp blocking so dosnt matter what isp your with still can get blocked

All the big boys have to abide by the court order VM, sly, bt, TT, PN

But yes independent companies are not under such an order and those on there network are not affected by throttling, blocks etc and don't require a VPN.

I know my mate who is with one local company But the name I don't know.

I believe hyper optic is one but is not widely available.

You do realise they are blocking servers aswell as end users isp blocking so dosnt matter what isp your with still can get blocked
I wasn't aware of this no,
but I may be out of my experience here but aren't a fair few servers origin not from the UK so would not be effected ?

You dont need to change ISP provider. Just use a VPN all the time you are connecting to IPTV. Your ISP provider can block what they want. Because when using a VPN they dont what you are connecting to or what you are receiving as it is encrypted.

I am not sure they would be allowed in the UK 90% of businesses use them. It would have to be done via the courts.

Supposedly they went to court over it but was allowed to do so for the "illegal activity"

I wouldnt put any thing past them mate.

Sky and virgin definitely blocking VPN's, sky's own forums are full of posts of people complaining about it, anyone tried Shell energy broadband? There showing up as available in my area so hoping they don't block.

No mate can’t block vpn might be server location IP address blocked as long as security fire walk settings are off will be fine

If there blocking the VPN's server IP address how is that any different to blocking the VPN? agree that the ISP's shouldn't be blocking VPN's but everything is pointing towards the fact they are

Main settings that need to be turned off in terms of VM is child and virus safe. Will be slightly different for other ISPs.

Maybe other settings need to be turned off I am not sure but web safe does seem to be main security settings that should be off.

Mate is on sky BB and black screen all the time when trying to use iptv, VPN turned on and iptv is back on. I don't know if this is due to iptv blocking sky users or sky block ?

Back