BSOD's

ste

TK Veteran
After my recent PC issues with data transfer which now seem to be fixed, I now have constant BSOD issues. These are the latest few all within the last couple of hours;

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION MMCSS.SYS​

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION NTFS.SYS​

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP​

I have checked / updated all drivers and all are up to date. I've even downloaded driver verifier / update software which confirmed all drivers are correct and up to date.

I have ran registry mechanic and it did find quite a lot of issues and fixed them but after restarting the machine, it BSOD again shortly after.

I'm currently running a memory test now, it's half way through pass 1 with no problems detected.

This 'new' computer is starting to really annoy me now and i'm close to packing it up and sticking it in the attic and putting my old machine back in place.

Registry mechanic sometimes these program cause more harm than good. you should have tried sfc /scannow

I use ccleaner , are you running a stand alone memory test and not from within windows , if not look at memtest86 . How many mem sticks have you got , run for a few days with half taken out if more than 1.

I have ran system file checker previously and returned no issues.

Also memory test said there's no issues that side of things (using Windows 10 built in memory checker). I have 4 x 16gb sticks fitted.

My GPU is the only thing i've kept from my old computer as it wasn't that old, perhaps 6 months but it's very poor spec. I didn't get a good one as I don't use the computer for graphic demanding tasks but i'm thinking perhaps, I should get a better one.

Have you made backup image thats first thing I do clean system one, then one with windows updated, after that I add my software and backup. I use acronis takes minutes to restore on SSD.
this way you can try various drivers e.t.c. either windows 10 default or manufacturers.

I use ccleaner , are you running a stand alone memory test and not from within windows , if not look at memtest86 . How many mem sticks have you got , run for a few days with half taken out if more than 1.
At the moment I thught it was clean system just installed should be no need for cleaning software of any kind.

System restore created a restore point before I downloaded the recommended Windows 10 update.

It is a clean Windows 10 install a few days ago.

Bios is the latest version (flashed in the last couple of days).

win 10 has a BSOD troubleshooter​

Run the BSOD Troubleshooter​

The next thing we’re going to try is running Windows 10‘s own troubleshooting tool. This tool can be used for dealing with various system problems, including BSOD issues. So, it might help with the UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP issue, as well.

Here’s how to run Windows 10‘s troubleshooting tool:
  1. Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security section.
  2. Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
  3. Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.

Attachments

• windows-10-bsod-issues-errors-4.png
    windows-10-bsod-issues-errors-4.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 3
System restore created a restore point before I downloaded the recommended Windows 10 update.

It is a clean Windows 10 install a few days ago.

Bios is the latest version (flashed in the last couple of days).
I would never rely on system restore, seen it fail so many times over the years. I would still make full backup.

After my recent PC issues with data transfer which now seem to be fixed, I now have constant BSOD issues. These are the latest few all within the last couple of hours;

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION MMCSS.SYS​

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION NTFS.SYS​

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP​

I have checked / updated all drivers and all are up to date. I've even downloaded driver verifier / update software which confirmed all drivers are correct and up to date.

I have ran registry mechanic and it did find quite a lot of issues and fixed them but after restarting the machine, it BSOD again shortly after.

I'm currently running a memory test now, it's half way through pass 1 with no problems detected.

This 'new' computer is starting to really annoy me now and i'm close to packing it up and sticking it in the attic and putting my old machine back in place.
does your board have a built in graphics card? try removing your current card and reboot . looks like a driver issue.

Back