Bt saying we have Fibre on my area ?

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello

We have received a letter saying we have full fttp now here from BT.

But no works been done at all around here and defo no wires to my house.

But looking on all over providers there all offering us 900mb except virgin.

But I've checked through a bt page and it says the work hasn't been completed and none is planned for the next two years?

Hello

We have received a letter saying we have full fttp now here from BT.

But no works been done at all around here and defo no wires to my house.

But looking on all over providers there all offering us 900mb except virgin.

But I've checked through a bt page and it says the work hasn't been completed and none is planned for the next two years?
Check openreach website

Yes done that says no work expected for the next two years.

But sky have emailed also saying it's available too.

Would they have dug out garden up? Or is it implemented differently sometimes?

Strange checked today the openreach site says we can now get 1gb connection to the door. But no works been done

Phoned sky and they won't match by prices. Have to swap about when I can. Talk talk are offering 500mb for 40 a month

Sky want 50 odd I think

I have overhead fibre,
If it's a recent openreach upgrade it may only be BT that can supply it for first 12/18 months,
When I checked all the providers websites were saying I could get 1G , but when trying to actually buy it they all reverted to the old speed, only BT could actually supply me with fibre.

The poles outside my house. There does seem some new wires added to this. Ive just had a look. Black and yellow largish cables added to the sides and capped off. Must be the same over the pole.

Seems sky can give me this too. But it's dear. Dont fancy bt after my fiasco with them when we moved here.

Have to see what happens. Got till November with sky.

The poles outside my house. There does seem some new wires added to this. Ive just had a look. Black and yellow largish cables added to the sides and capped off. Must be the same over the pole.

Seems sky can give me this too. But it's dear. Dont fancy bt after my fiasco with them when we moved here.

Have to see what happens. Got till November with sky.
Check your contract very carefully,
TT said they could give me it, shell also, when they sent me the contract it was only 20meg copper, I had to go with BT to get fibre, £36ish for 73meg
The guy doing the install said only BT could use the fibre for the first 12 or 18 months.

Check your contract very carefully,
TT said they could give me it, shell also, when they sent me the contract it was only 20meg copper, I had to go with BT to get fibre, £36ish for 73meg
The guy doing the install said only BT could use the fibre for the first 12 or 18 months.
My parents went from having 50-60 meg to 300+ with BT FTTP.

Ain't done a speed test for a while. Always got around 50mb with sky pretty constant.

Just done one now it's pushing 75mb constant. Quite happy with that

Bt are quite dear for the fttp. Can live with sky at 75mb for now.

Once my offers end with sky it goes mega dear. So will swap November

You can get bt 900mbps for around 49.99 which isn't too bad for full fibre. Also get xbox game pass for a year too lol

Back