Buit in VPN not working..

JackMehov

Hi, my service provider uses a system whereby there's a VPN included apparently. When i try to use my own vpn it does not work - I contacted my provider and all he said was that's it's not possible to use my own VPN as there is one included. The service runs fine when i use 4G or during the week but it gets blocked during the weekends etc. I'm with BT broadband. Is there any way to fix this? (i can't really use 4G as the reception indoor is too poor where I live unfortunately..)

Best Wishes :-)

Hi, my service provider uses a system whereby there's a VPN included apparently. When i try to use my own vpn it does not work - I contacted my provider and all he said was that's it's not possible to use my own VPN as there is one included. The service runs fine when i use 4G or during the week but it gets blocked during the weekends etc. I'm with BT broadband. Is there any way to fix this? (i can't really use 4G as the reception indoor is too poor where I live unfortunately..)

Best Wishes :-)
Don't use your VPN if he's told you not to.
Are you saying it is blocked when live football is on?
If he's saying he has Vpn server side and it's still blocked you probably need a different provider

When you say built in vpn is that on the app of his if using one or is he saying he has vpn on his servers?

on his server, all he gave me was xtream logins
Tbh even if he has security in place his servers wouldn't be getting blocked at a weekend.
Most of time now it's end users isp that's doing the blocking and if working via 4g then it's deffinatly not a server block so he will probably be correct in what he says but if its user end ie your end then you should be able to use vpn

Tbh even if he has security in place his servers wouldn't be getting blocked at a weekend.
Most of time now it's end users isp that's doing the blocking and if working via 4g then it's deffinatly not a server block so he will probably be correct in what he says but if its user end ie your end then you should be able to use vpn
yes that's why i'm a bit confused...

E

xplain to your provider that it's your isp blocking you as works on 4g and you don't have enough data to stream football he may allow you to use a vpn at a weekend🤷🤷🤷
i tried but he said not possible. As a fix I'm thinking of streaming from a VM in the cloud maybe...

i tried but he said not possible. As a fix I'm thinking of streaming from a VM in the cloud maybe...
It must be your ISP blocking you.
I'd ring them and tell them you are cancelling the broadband package.
Tell them you can't use Netflix or YouTube because streaming is impossible, they don't know what you're connected to if he has Vpn in place, you could be online gaming for all they know

Back