Bundesliga Potentially to Return

Looking forward to having some top level football to watch, but it's so drab playing in an empty stadium. Even the commentators seem less enthused.

Looking forward to having some top level football to watch, but it's so drab playing in an empty stadium. Even the commentators seem less enthused.

Better than nothing mate.

Ye with no atmosphere games will be devoid but good to hopefully have live football back.

Kinda related the dutch league has been abondoaned for the season.

So seem leagues may come back to finish the season and others wont.

Interested what happens with la liga, serie a and premier league.

Kinda related the dutch league has been abondoaned for the season.

So seem leagues may come back to finish the season and others wont.

Interested what happens with la liga, serie a and premier league.

I assumed UEFA would step in and give a directive for how all the European leagues would finish but it seems they're leaving it up to each FA.

Not sure how, in the UK, they're going to get past social distancing rules in the workplace when the "work" is a contact sport.

Ye thats what I am thinking.

Its all well and good playing in empty stadiums but what about the players there will be contact involved. Would they risk that just for the sake of money?

Germany was much much less exposed to the virus but even then still a risk for them to resume the season early next month.

Seems premier league and it's partners are desperate for the money and will do everything to get football back.

For me football players should not be getting priority testing just so they can play the game instead of the key front line workers who matter more than these guys kicking a ball.

Makes you question how corrupt the top brass are here to do anything to get the season restarted.

If either la liga or seria a or both cancel their seasons also we here will look like utter jacka*ses all for the sake of money.

well they lifted some off the lockdown in Germany this week and now they have had another jump in cases so I'm sure they will lock down again, football season is finished anyone that thinks it will resume is listening to paper talk lads, null and void.

It's OK top brass saying yes season can resume how many players will want to play you will get some players that puts money first but there's Alot more at stake health wise even behind closed doors is a risk for both teams staff medical teams ect

True Baz.. the German Football league have put forward a plan to make the games behind closed doors as safe as possible.. only 300 people allowed near the stadium.. Police , first aid and security.. this doesn´t include fans... already Ultra groups are saying "not without us" and are planing to go anyway.. so problems are going to happen. Then there´s 10 games to go plus cup games. If they start middle of May then they will have to cram the games in as they want the season to finish in June. The GFL have also promised 500000€ to testing centers to make sure players and officials are tested every 3 days. TV- the fans want the games on free tv - thats causing problems. I received an email this week that amateur football season is finished for the season. There are discussions going on and there will be an announcement later as to what positions teams will finish in - who are champions / relegation all decided at meetings. The GFL also want to cap wages but lawyers have jumped in and pointed out that caps are against EU law so the discussions keep going.. the media doesn´t help with every journalist / tv station putting pressure on the government to let this happen

Yes of course i want liverpool to lift the title ive waited a long long time for it to happen but safety always comes first and i always look back to the 96 and a lack of safety they had.
Wether we lift the trophy or not everyone knows liverpool have been totally miles ahead of everyone else and man u are so desperate for them to not receive the trophy :unsure:.

True Baz.. the German Football league have put forward a plan to make the games behind closed doors as safe as possible.. only 300 people allowed near the stadium.. Police , first aid and security.. this doesn´t include fans... already Ultra groups are saying "not without us" and are planing to go anyway.. so problems are going to happen. Then there´s 10 games to go plus cup games. If they start middle of May then they will have to cram the games in as they want the season to finish in June. The GFL have also promised 500000€ to testing centers to make sure players and officials are tested every 3 days. TV- the fans want the games on free tv - thats causing problems. I received an email this week that amateur football season is finished for the season. There are discussions going on and there will be an announcement later as to what positions teams will finish in - who are champions / relegation all decided at meetings. The GFL also want to cap wages but lawyers have jumped in and pointed out that caps are against EU law so the discussions keep going.. the media doesn´t help with every journalist / tv station putting pressure on the government to let this happen
There's hell of a lot to take into consideration all up and down Europe think some will will follow France and call the season off I know its shite without football ect but the players are just like us have families ect

Yes of course i want liverpool to lift the title ive waited a long long time for it to happen but safety always comes first and i always look back to the 96 and a lack of safety they had.
Wether we lift the trophy or not everyone knows liverpool have been totally miles ahead of everyone else and man u are so desperate for them to not receive the trophy :unsure:.
Come off it miles ahead every team let you win and with var pmsl joking aside absaloutly mate everything should be put down to safety and proposals made to teams/players staff if they want to go ahead and as your rightly said don't want anything tragic to happen for sake of points/silverware

All joking aside i would not like to be the person who has the final say about matches going ahead and then someone catching the virus etc and then having to deal with the backlash of it ffs.
At this moment in time im missing watching the football i gotta admit but it dont come anywhere near missing my grandkids and spending time with them im afraid :cry:

All joking aside i would not like to be the person who has the final say about matches going ahead and then someone catching the virus etc and then having to deal with the backlash of it ffs.
At this moment in time im missing watching the football i gotta admit but it dont come anywhere near missing my grandkids and spending time with them im afraid :cry:
Well said mate, yeah I mean I'm a massive football and boxing fan and I miss them so much its a big part of life but again I would rather everyone is safe, I just hope the smaller teams can survive this because they play a big part in people's communities

Well said mate, yeah I mean I'm a massive football and boxing fan and I miss them so much its a big part of life but again I would rather everyone is safe, I just hope the smaller teams can survive this because they play a big part in people's communities
Yeah its gonna be tough surviving thats for sure because most of them live week to week on matchday ticket sales etc and i really feel for them but hope they get all the help they need from bigger clubs etc

Back