Buying advice

Mikavelli

Morning all,

Totally new to this stuff so was hoping for a bit of feedback from those in the know.

I'm looking at buying a box for my VM line, from what I can see the H2H box seems to be the newest on the market, or at least the most popular from what I've seen. Is this a good box to start with and are they reliable?

Also is it a lot cheaper to buy one and set it all up myself or should I just buy one thats ''fully loaded/with a gift"? I'm assuming the gifted ones take out all the hassle if anything goes wrong.

Is there any boxes on the market that are able to get VPN with the NBC sports on them? I find android boxes to be too unreliable.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi I have the H2S which is basically the same but just for satellite.
Mine works nice and smooth I've only heard good things about these boxes .
I would recommend you just getting the box as it isn't that hard to copy your line over and once you've done it once you will know how to ftp then to help you customise

Morning all,

Totally new to this stuff so was hoping for a bit of feedback from those in the know.

I'm looking at buying a box for my VM line, from what I can see the H2H box seems to be the newest on the market, or at least the most popular from what I've seen. Is this a good box to start with and are they reliable?

Also is it a lot cheaper to buy one and set it all up myself or should I just buy one thats ''fully loaded/with a gift"? I'm assuming the gifted ones take out all the hassle if anything goes wrong.

Is there any boxes on the market that are able to get VPN with the NBC sports on them? I find android boxes to be too unreliable.

Thanks in advance

Mag 250, but youll need a sub for nbc

Buy the box clean and add your own connection which you can get from here on the site

So is it a case of adding my line (i assume this is my virgin line) and then just doing a manual update each day? add myself a custom skin and I'm good to go?

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ----------

Is the Mag 250 a superior box to the zgemma? i dont mind paying a sub for the NBC as i know its usually a great coverage. Will the sub work on the box or will I need something separate

---------- Post Merged at 11:14 AM ----------

PS sorry guys, I pressed the reply button not sure why it's popped up as a separate post. Do i need to use the reply with quote button instead?

You have 2 choices
You can either keep open ATV installed on it and it will get updates for you through the box.
Or put openvix on it and turn off the updates as you can't do standard updates on that .
As for your line you buy one for virgin and you get given a file and you just transfer that to your box and thats about it anything else is just customising it

I have been playing around with both the H2H & H2S for a while now & find them far superior in every way to the 1st gen of the same boxes however I have seen an occasional negative post in the general forum saying things like look at the volume of zgemma forum posts....so many problems....they must be poor....then they go onto recommend other manufacturers. To this I say (from my limited knowledge) it appears as though many users are new to the zgemma range or just new to this stuff in general & therefore are learning the settings & setup for these boxes. Also as the 2nd generation zgemma's are new things like images, skins, setup guides are being added all the time so this largely explains the post count being so high imo.

Zgemma are my 1st venture into twin tuners & I have also needed to spend a lot of time picking the brains of those clever members on TechKings to help get the best out of the box, what I say is that once you have your box setup correctly & everything is up & running I have had no problems what so ever, I added kiddac's slyk1 skin & now have a box that makes the Mrs happy as she has the majority of the functions we had when we were making monthly payments to Murdoch's money grabbing empire!

I have been playing around with both the H2H & H2S for a while now & find them far superior in every way to the 1st gen of the same boxes however I have seen an occasional negative post in the general forum saying things like look at the volume of zgemma forum posts....so many problems....they must be poor....then they go onto recommend other manufacturers. To this I say (from my limited knowledge) it appears as though many users are new to the zgemma range or just new to this stuff in general & therefore are learning the settings & setup for these boxes. Also as the 2nd generation zgemma's are new things like images, skins, setup guides are being added all the time so this largely explains the post count being so high imo.

Zgemma are my 1st venture into twin tuners & I have also needed to spend a lot of time picking the brains of those clever members on TechKings to help get the best out of the box, what I say is that once you have your box setup correctly & everything is up & running I have had no problems what so ever, I added kiddac's slyk1 skin & now have a box that makes the Mrs happy as she has the majority of the functions we had when we were making monthly payments to Murdoch's money grabbing empire!
I've seen similar to you about the zgemmas but mainly on other sites .
There beef is because there saying there clones and shouldn't be supported .
But I just see it as competition for the big boys which is good for us consumer as in any product...
And you've just reminded me I didn't cancel sky last night arhh my bills run 14th-14th

You have 2 choices
You can either keep open ATV installed on it and it will get updates for you through the box.
Or put openvix on it and turn off the updates as you can't do standard updates on that .
As for your line you buy one for virgin and you get given a file and you just transfer that to your box and thats about it anything else is just customising it

Sorry, what do you mean when you say buy a line? Is that whats meant by the gift? I already have an active Vm tv and BB sub or is it different?

You have 2 choices
How do you customize your box I have vm on h2h running vix is it pos to make better or shall.I leave it[emoji2]
Morning all,

Thanks in advance

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

How do you customize your box I have vm on h2h running vix is it pos to make better or shall.I leave it[emoji2]
Morning all,

Thanks in advance

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
It's mainly the skin you use and boot logos (the picture it shows when starting up ) spinners (the spinning picture it shows when starting) and your favourites list on your EPG

is there some place with prices on for the lines/subscriptions anywhere on these forums? If, buying a box and a subscription is cheaper then I'll just do that. Also you need to purchase some sort of external hard drive am i right?

You can request a lone from here
http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=84977
I've since found out in that thread just ask for what you want and wait for some messages with prices don't try to talk lol .
You definatley need a USB flash drive about 8/16gb wether you want a hard drive really depends on how much space you want to record stuff .
Doh yeah forget that link forgot it was cable

Last edited:
is there some place with prices on for the lines/subscriptions anywhere on these forums? If, buying a box and a subscription is cheaper then I'll just do that. Also you need to purchase some sort of external hard drive am i right?

Ask here for satellite http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...e-pay-server-request-only-january-2016-a.html
ask here foe cable http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html

Kieron

Please do not hijack someone else's thread - particularly when it has nothing to do with your own problem - all posts deleted

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Back