Buzztv xrs 4900 Audio & Modern Homescreen

tlogic

Hi,

So I had my buzztv xrs 4900 box delivered today (fantastic service by Kuul media) and everything is up and running.

However the audio does not sound quite right, (maybe I'm too used to the Virgin v6 box) currently I have the box connected up via HDMI into a denon av receiver, is there any settings I should be adjusting on the box or should I connect a tosslink to it?

Also the current firmware on the box is showing 'V20220106' is this the current fw? reason for asking is I don't seem to be getting the modern homepage with the cool look, but a blue theme homescreen, when I tried changing this in settings I still get the blue home screen, but not the buzztv 5 modern look, am I doing something wrong?

Any help much appreciated.

Hi,

So I had my buzztv xrs 4900 box delivered today (fantastic service by Kuul media) and everything is up and running.

However the audio does not sound quite right, (maybe I'm too used to the Virgin v6 box) currently I have the box connected up via HDMI into a denon av receiver, is there any settings I should be adjusting on the box or should I connect a tosslink to it?

Also the current firmware on the box is showing 'V20220106' is this the current fw? reason for asking is I don't seem to be getting the modern homepage with the cool look, but a blue theme homescreen, when I tried changing this in settings I still get the blue home screen, but not the buzztv 5 modern look, am I doing something wrong?

Any help much appreciated.
Have you checked for new firmware/updates?
They're fairly big so expect a wait

Send your Mac address to kuul media to get latest firmware update.
While watching a channel press menu a d look for version.
An on version 5.0.740.
If you have lower version I suggest you contact kuul media as they are very helpful and am very satisfied with this box.

My box updated this morning and it's now running BTV5, looks great.

I also sorted out the sound quality issue by going into Audio settings and selecting PCM.

Back