Cable advise

onthejazz

Hope this is the right place to ask.

Good Morning.

will try and make this easy.
I have vm at home, router and 2 boxes. cable from outside wall has a splitter which one goes upstairs to kids vm box, then downstairs goes to cable modem, and my box.

I got my zgemma box the other day, loaded the image and added the line. I was testing it in the kids room, so I took the lead from the vm box into h2h all worked great.

Last night wanted to move it downstairs, I noticed that the TiVo box has a signal (straight through) Teleste 5-1700Mhz isolater on the line. I removed it and installed my 5-2450mhz and attached one end to my TiVo which worked good, but when I connect to the h2h box, the pic breaks up and cant view loads of channels.

I tested the cable by removing the splitter and connecting it with a joiner connector and worked great into the h2h,

The question is: is it the splitter giving my the headache, (currently going out to by a 5-1000Mhz)
or can I not have both boxes plugged in.
The TiVo box is for every day viewing, and the h2h is only for certain channels on a weekend.

Thanks
Any info will really help

Try the new splitter it maybe because your reducing the signal and may need an amplifier to boost the signal but wait till you get the new splitter before trying anything else.

A long shot, but worth checking the hdmi cable?

Swap with the HDMI in Tivo box see if picture issue still there just to rule out.

Cheers for all that.
It's a brand new hdmi cable as it works fine when it's just the cable straight into the h2h.

Went everywhere to buy a 5-1000mhz but no one had stock so had to order online for one.

Am hoping it's just the 5-2450mhz that's causing the problems. Or it might be because the TiVo is taking all the signal.

Just an update. All working great now

Turns out the splitter 5-2450mhz was fine. Was the crappy cables that came with it.

Once I bought better cables like the ones vm used work. Both boxes work fine.

Back