Sky FTA into Virgin UK CustomMix - NO Longer supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Hi im starting to do a Custommix for Virgin Media UK to swap channels with FreeSat This is a VIRGIN MEDIA line-up with all the free channels from sky replacing those on the Virgin Lineup at the moment im not sure of the channels to swap but this CustomMix (Thanks to rossi2000) adds all FreeSat channels to Virgin Line up including regional channels so BBC 1 to channel 5 will be using sat sd versions (this may change) and I would like your thoughts and see where we go from here.

To test it download ABM CustomMix Importer

Goto plugins then green to download plugins then systemplugins and download ABM CusomMix Importer

Reboot box

now we need to setup ABM CustomMix plugin

menu>setup>service searching>ABM CustomMix Importer

Import needs to be Dsayers: Dsayers: Sky UK free to air channels into Virgin Media UK

Press yellow to download the xml

Change Enable autofech to yes if you want it to download the xml automatically

Lead time change this to the time you want it to download before you have abm scheduled to run.

Dsayers CustomMix Imprter.jpg

Now we need to set abm

Recommended ABM setting

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky UK yes
Sky UK your area HD
no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
Virgin UK your net Id
the rest is upto you

Once done press green to save then check providers order and check Virgin UK is on top press green to save then start scan.

Again thanks to rossi2000 for providing the CustomMix file and thanks to Huevos for creating The Dsayers CustomMix plugin

Last edited:
Beta Script

Small update on this I've managed to update a script to download the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml file so you can run it using a crontimer to download weekly, daily, monthly etc

OpenVIX
Unzip CableAndFTAMix.zip and Ftp the CableAndFTAMix.sh to usr/scripts. Create the scripts folder if you haven't got one.

OpenATV
Unzip CableAndFTAMix.zip and Ftp the CableAndFTAMix.sh to usr/script. Create the script folder if you haven't got one.

OpenVIX
On box press
Menu, setup, vix, scriptrunner green to start the script

OpenATV
On box press
Menu, Info Panel, Plugins, Job Manager green to start the script

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
Command Type - predefined
In command to run you should see the CableAndFTAMix.sh
Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart
Now reboot box thats it it should download the custommix.xml daily.

Ill look at doing a plugin at a later date.

Attachments

• CableAndFTAMix.zip
    430 bytes · Views: 27
Last edited:
How would I use this to make my own? I'd like to replace all the satellite channels with cable ones.

How would I use this to make my own? I'd like to replace all the satellite channels with cable ones. As i live in an area which loses

How would I use this to make my own? I'd like to replace all the satellite channels with cable ones. As i live in an area which loses

I don't fully understand what you're wanting to do. I have a plugin that downloads a sat custommix to swap dead sat channels with virgin

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't fully understand what you're wanting to do. I have a plugin that downloads a sat custommix to swap dead sat channels with virgin

Basically want to replace all the sly channels with Vermin. This includes the working sly channels. e.g. BBC One HD with Vermin's BBC One HD

Basically want to replace all the sly channels with Vermin. This includes the working sly channels. e.g. BBC One HD with Vermin's bbc

Basically want to replace all the sly channels with Vermin. This includes the working sly channels. e.g. BBC One HD with Vermin's bbc

This isnt going to be easy rename this custommix to sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml then you will need to change provider to cable_uk_virgin channel 1 to 5 should then be done for you for the rest google will be your friend to find the virgin and sky channel numbers.

so Sky 1 HD is <insert target="106" source="109" provider="cable_uk_virgin" ></insert> <!-- sky one hd --> target is the channel number you want to replace (106) source is the virgin channel number (109) then provider is where your taking the source from.

Virgin doesn't have as many channels as sky so thats where your going to struggle.

You can find my other custommix that swaps dead sky channels with virgin here that may help you
Code:
https://github.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
If you need more help youll be best starting another thread and ill help you the best I can.

Is this working and is there a plugin for it? I only use a free sat and vermin thanks

Yes its working there is no plugin as of yet just ftp the custommix to abm custom folder following the guide and it should swap all available FTA sat channels with virgin

Yes epg importer wont affect it you just need to be using Autobouquetsmaker to scan channels what you use for epg data is separate and shouldn't affect it

Yes epg importer wont affect it you just need to be using Autobouquetsmaker to scan channels what you use for epg data is separate and shouldn't affect it

Hi mate

Am I using this custom mix file with your previous one that replaces sky channels with Virgin. Or do I delete that one and just use this one?

Small changes to the kids and International bouquets due to the recent FTA changes file uploaded on first post FTP the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/ and rescan ABM

Last edited:
I am need help with my channel list, if you could help it would be appreciated. I am wanting to have vm and the extra fta sky channels that vm is missing in one bouquet. I have tried using the dsayers custommix importer but it only swops the allready channels there to sky fta but doesnt add all the fta channels from sky what you dont get on vm.

I am need help with my channel list, if you could help it would be appreciated. I am wanting to have vm and the extra fta sky channels that vm is missing in one bouquet. I have tried using the dsayers custommix importer but it only swops the allready channels there to sky fta but doesnt add all the fta channels from sky what you dont get on vm.

What Sky FTA channels are missing? Try to provide channel names and the official Sky and Virgin channel numbers bare in mind if they are FTA on Virgin I wont swap them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back