cable box hd picture quality?

luckydip

Hi, with the demise of the satellite HD channels, I am now looking at cable hd setup. One of my main requirements is a decent hd picture. I've been told that cable will not be good as satellite - satellite uses the more efficient Mpeg4, cable uses Mpeg2. I would be interested in any any feedback on what box you have together with the hd pic quality. As a reference I have a cheap and cheerful skybox and I find the hd picture on that acceptable. Thanks in advance...

Skybox/openbox/bolt are all cheap receivers m8
Go for something likes a DM800c or 800se-C quality loads better
& with added plugins loaded likes Tsmedia/ITV/BBCIplayers etc
You've got ya self as good as a smart TV nearly :bye:

The Kryptview A850 has always had problems with glitching on HD channels to some extent. Some are perfect but some are unwatchable at times (for me that means a glitch maybe every 30 secs to a couple of mins as that is enough to put me off). However there appears to be problems across all KV channels SD and HD just now so hopefully if improves in the future. With the amount of people jumping over the cable at the minute to be honest I have concerns about the future of this box as the more people on the network the worse things will get (unless they upgrade it of course).

In short if a flawless HD picture on every channel is a must then this isn't the box for you (at the minute!).

Back