cable broadband VM wire

icemanste

Hi

I have just had fitted VM broadband and my question is can i split the wire and use this as a areial for a television or do i need a normal areial.

just did not want to split the sky areial and drill the wall

Thanks

Steve

dont think you can u could with analogue but digital is diffrent frequencys from what your tv uses to what vermin use for there set top boxes

It would only work if it was used through a cable box ie kryptview or a starview if u are happy with freeview. But will most definatley not work if splitter directly to say freeview tuner on tv etc.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

One man's rubbish is another man's gold, each to there own. I could be doing with a sv6 or 7 just now to leave in a sold house as freeview box myself defo not leaving a kv box.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your input looks like a av sender may work its only for th spare room do may be used once a week
Thanks
Steve

Old Starview boxes are selling for peanuts on Ebay if you wanted one for the free channels, but the number of channels that are FTA on cable is very limited. Just the main 5, plus BBC News, Parliament, three, four, CBBC, CBeebies, Alba, & S4c. I think that's about all. Nowhere near what you would get on Freeview or Freesat.

It used to work on the old analogue network, but you havnt been able to do this for a while now ( ex cable installer)

Back