Cable connection

Liam116

If i have a cable connection in the house but no active services with virgin would it work if i set the H2H upto the connection or as the cable got to be active?

It may work but best to have something from VM to ensure it's live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i have a cable connection in the house but no active services with virgin would it work if i set the H2H upto the connection or as the cable got to be active?

fire the vm connection into the box tuner, frf in I think, add the net id and you will get fta sd channels if the connection is live, this being the case scan autobouquets and fire a line on and your sorted for full hd

youll need either an active VM broadband or tv service to H2H on VM to work...

gone are the days for over a decade where you could simply plug a box into a "non active" VM line and tune the channels in.

VM now control everything from their side so without an active line, you wouldnt get anything?

gone are the days for over a decade where you could simply plug a box into a "non active" VM line and tune the channels in.

VM now control everything from their side so without an active line, you wouldnt get anything?
Virgin have always controlled their side. Most of the time they just never disconnect the customers connection at the green box. They just disconnect their service. I know lots of people who use virgin without paying for any service.

Sorry to jump in.. but I am currently testing the same thing with zero subscription.. if I scan for services I get 0 services straight away but if I plug into the old vm at the wall it finds all channels but none show up I just get black screen.. will I need a line/gift for the freeview channels also like BBC1? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

No broadband.. I'm with bt but it's not connected to the box.

How do I find non HD channels? Would it be a specific number or need changing in settings? Thanks

How do I find non HD channels? Would it be a specific number or need changing in settings? Thanks

Or another freeview channel pick, yesterday there's quite a few.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hello there iv just got a zgemma star lc single cable i haven't got one channel and i dont think i have any signal when i go on signal finder it restarts the box and help will do please

Not true had someone with no services for 16 years (old ntl days) and is active with no problems.

He could be cut of but with 4 houses on his street he's been okay so far.

hello there iv just got a zgemma star lc single cable i haven't got one channel and i dont think i have any signal when i go on signal finder it restarts the box and help will do please
What build you using?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You get less Freeview channels on VM than you over the 'airways'. it is just not worth bothering with..

You get less Freeview channels on VM than you over the 'airways'. it is just not worth bothering with..
Yeah I'm not after freeview but wanted to make sure I'm still getting signal from vm before I pay out for a line.

Yeah I'm not after freeview but wanted to make sure I'm still getting signal from vm before I pay out for a line.

There in fta 1-5 non HD should work if you have signal coming to house and set correct net id for your area.

Back