Cable or IPTV and do I need VPN. Also is IPTV gonna get blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve99

I have used a skybox f5s very successfully for the last three years. Very very little scrambling or glitching and a good line provider I found here on this website. Ok so that has come to an end but I am not complaining as I have had a good run. I only really use the box for football whenever my team is playing.

It was almost a disaster when I lost my Satellite as I was gonna miss the last three live games of the season but I downloaded Kodi onto my PC and got a couple of test lines to enable me to watch the matches on Slysports. I was not impressed with IPTV providers QualityCCCams was not too bad only froze a few of times but IPTVsubs line was regularly stopping and starting. I know there may be providers on site who can do better. It was a lot worse than the Sat/F5 service and quality I am used to.

It is the end of the season so I have a couple of months to look for an alternative.

My first option is to go with a dedicated IPTV box like a MAG254 and look for a better line provider. I am concerned about this latest ruling re ISP blocking premier league streams (just for starters no doubt) Does this mean that sly and Begees sports IPTV will get blocked shortly? I can get a VPN to avoid this but will it work? and it will be an additional cost. Will I be able to load VPN onto the MAG or similar box?. I don’t want to go to the expense of buying a new router to handle the VPN for my whole house.

My second option is to go Cable route. My current ISP deal ends in August so I could go back to Vermin then. This would nicely coincide with the footy starting again. I was thinking of a Zgemma cable box with wooshbuild etc. Additionally the lines for cable are less expensive than IPTV lines. Will this mean that I could get away without using a VPN service as I will only be receiving the unencrypting codes from my line providers server with Virmin kindly providing the content?.

If I do need to get a VPN for the cable can this be installed on the cable box

Any answers and advice would be greatly received. I am sure a lot of other forum members are seeking similar solutions and answers

Thanks

I run a Mag 254 for IPTV and also Zgemma for VM Cable server .. Never had a problem from VM (my isp).
Don't use vpn or anything else...Lan cables straight into Router ~ M8

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens in the future re blocking IPTV sport streams as per last govt.
The independent Newspaper stated:
"Torrentfreak suggests that the Premier League is also planning a brand new targeted approach to stream blocking, whereby it aims to shut down pirated content at its source, rather than focusing on the sites offering streams.

“This will enable us to target the suppliers of illegal streams to IPTV boxes, and the internet, in a proportionate and precise manner,” reads a Premier League statement."

So I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this. Luckily I have a few months till I buy anything... So I will just wait and see what happens

I'm a member of a group that does iptv and I dont get iptv of them but I got my line for sat of them but my friend who has a zgemma and a firestick with iptv sub off them told me that when that announcement first came about the blocking of the streams for premier games when she was watching footy matches they would cut out after so long into the match but there was a announcement by the provider on the facebook group saying they are working on this to sort the issue out their end and for people to be patient it will get sorted just give em a week and all will be good again, she tells me now that whatever they have done their end the footy matches aren't cutting out so who knows what they did so based on that I wouldn't worry too much about iptv.

Im wondering if anyone can help me. Ive got a zgemma box and got a iptv line. Im using express vpn and has worked fine the last two weeks. Put tv on this morning and not one channel was working. Done trial and error with everything and its the vpn that is blocking the line. Can anyone help or got any solotions? Cheers

Im wondering if anyone can help me. Ive got a zgemma box and got a iptv line. Im using express vpn and has worked fine the last two weeks. Put tv on this morning and not one channel was working. Done trial and error with everything and its the vpn that is blocking the line. Can anyone help or got any solotions? Cheers
Try disabling your VPN to be certain that is the issue.
I can't understand how a VPN would/could block access.

Switch to cable if you have the choice, generally speaking the picture quality and stability is better than IPTV

If you go down the IPTV route buy a MAG 256 it's quicker than the 254, they are easy to set up.

I wouldn't bother waiting around, just take a chance like everyone else, their is always
stories about blocking this and that in the papers and on forums, take no notice of them.

You don't need a VPN for either set up.

Highjacking someone elses thread is rather rude don't you think :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Just start your own, therer is plenty of help about and
it will get noticed more with the correct heading :(y):

Hi,
I use Expressvpn too.I've got 3 iptv lines from different suppliers as an experiment.I find one of them will not work at all through the vpn. The others work but can vary depending on which country the vpn is set to.( ie will work via NL but not ES for instance). Suggest you ask your line provider if it should work via vpn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back