Cable/sat box

geoffsnook

Hi i am having virgin media installed shortly i also have sky hd i would like to get a box that will record perhaps 3 channels and watch another with an internal hdd so can anyone help with choices and will i need a line for each feed and does anyone know where to purchase a box with lines or do i need to buy them seperatly
Thanks

Well you can request lines through the links in my sig, and yes it is better to get them separate. The ones you get with bundles tend to die before their time. Someone else will know if there's a box that can do what you're asking.

Look on world of sat at xtrend 10000, 4 tuners of cable or sat, Vix supported and internal HDD. All changeable.

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As this is quite a lot of tech as before i got my zgemma i thought i was sort of ok on computers but i found myself way lacking in knowledge so would to get help from guys on here for installing lines

(y):butkiss:

---------- Post Merged at 06:14 PM ----------

Am i right in believing that vix supported is important

Debatable I'm sure. I like being able to auto update and being an active member of the WOS forum too

Quick thought just popped in my head will my virgin media broadband work ok with my enigma 2 zgemma sky box i assume it will as it's still getting signal from the satellite and my broadband only decodes

That's right. You will need multiroom lines maybe depending how many tuner you use in total in the house after your new box arrives. Worry later. The 8000 is 3 tuners BTW. All I have

Just check what you can run on one line, I can run a twin cable tuner from one cable line, and I have a single sat tuner in the same box
plus another box in a different room with a single sat feed, just a single sat line is needed.

Multiroom servers allow two single tuner boxes or a twin tuner to run from a single line.

Back