Cable Services?

coozer

Ok, in my list of satellites it has cable... I dont want it...
When I go into all channels all the VM ones are there greyed out....
I used to have cable on my box until VM went the same way as Sky...
I took the cable receiver out of the box..
I cannot find anything anywhere that relates to cable but I can remove it but it comes back after a daily download...

How can i stop my box reinstating the cable channels?

Xtrend ET10000

Ok, in my list of satellites it has cable... I dont want it...
When I go into all channels all the VM ones are there greyed out....
I used to have cable on my box until VM went the same way as Sky...
I took the cable receiver out of the box..
I cannot find anything anywhere that relates to cable but I can remove it but it comes back after a daily download...

How can i stop my box reinstating the cable channels?

Xtrend ET10000
Reflash it or disable the cable tuner in settings.

I have reflashed the box a number of times

I can delete it from the channel selection but it comes back when the ABM updates during the night..

If you have removed the cable tuner, if ABM is still set to use it, it will fail to process even other providers. If the tuner is not seen, ABM wont show the provider even though it was previously told by you to use it.

ABM:
If you still have the Virgin provider in ABM, just go to the providers menu in ABM and press Green to save. You don't have to do anything else.

Remove Cable services:
1. Remove all services.
Press up next to OK, green to go to the satellite/orbital selection method, highlight Cable services, menu, remove, remove selected satellite/cable services, confirm, restart

Once you have done this, run ABM to make sure all is as it should be.

You need to follow Abu's advice.
I have cables.xml in /etc/tuxbox/ but it doesn't affect anything because it's not set as a provider in ABM.

1659131452714.png

Those xml files aere not used for tuning. They are used for validating positions when configuring tuners and for listing frequencies to scan (ABM does not scan and uses different xml files anyway)

The services/channels are in lamedb file located in /etc/enigma2.

If previous instructions do not make sense, please say which part you got stuck on.
If you are still stuck, PM me your teamviewer details.

Back