Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cable & Terrestrial with a DVB-C/T/T2 tuner?

CraigMcC11

Forum Supporter
Is it possible to view both cable and terrestrial together with a DVB-C/T/T2 tuner? I.e. can you combine both the terrestrial and cable signal into one cable and tune in both cable and terrestrial channels together or does it have to be cable OR terrestrial.

I would like to be able to use terrestrial version of certain channels (i.e. Channel 4HD, FreeSport HD) as the cable versions can be unreliable. I don't currently have a terrestrial aerial just now to be able to test this myself.

Willo3092

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
It depends on what box you have and whether it's a twin tuner or dual tuner.
If there's only one input then both tuners have to be configured to the input source.
If there are 2 inputs you can use one for cable and one for terrestrial.

CraigMcC11

Forum Supporter
Say for instance I have a single tuner and a combined cable for both terrestrial and cable tv and tried to tune in DVB-C, would it only see cable channels or might it pick up the freeview signal too? I understand there could be some clashes where frequency is the same but assuming they didn't clash, would you expect freeview to be tunable via DVB-C?