Cable tuner setting - VU+ Solo2 with VU USB Turbo Cable Tuner

snr is at 44%?
VM cable not connected properly, power levels in router are miles out or the splitter is a duffer
what name on th splitter?
what type/length of cables being used?
if you want to check the power levels, log into router and post the downstram data here
on the bottom of the router is a 'settings password'
open a browser window on laptop and type 192.168.0.1, click enter
use that password to login to the router
click Advanced settings on the left, then tools>network status
this opens a new page, click Downstream tab at the top and it'll show all the data in a list

Here is the downstream data.

Attachments

• Downstream A1.PNG
    Downstream A1.PNG
    71.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Downstream bonded.PNG
    Downstream bonded.PNG
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
nothing wrong with power levels, not keen on Konig splitters but should do the job.
Even less keen on those push fit things, they're ok for Tivo boxes but don't work too good with e2 boxes
have you done a network test on the box to see if it's connected?

reboot the router, completely power off at the socket for at least 2-3 minutes
in that time power off the box after putting it into standby.
when router fully rebooted and stopped flashing etc, reboot the box
then restart the softcam.

network on box is fine as I have download several updates. Just watched youtube, video was poor but I could hear audio.

are those cables coming out of the splitter white push-fit cables that VM supply? - they're no good for E2 boxes, which is why VM supply them, you need proper cables

no joy after re-starting router, I gave good 5mins powered off time before restarting.
Yes those cables are VM supplied. Which cable do I need please?
Please recommend good splitter.
I am not sure if attentuator is needed. Thanks

if that attenuator is the one supplied by VM, leave it in place as the power levels are fine with it there.
the cables need to be (at least the one going to the box needs to be) a screw threaded cable, with F connector into box.
usually compression fittings but tratec do green ended moulded cables for a few quid on ebay, I use these and never had any problem, VM used to supply these but now supply those hideous white plastic things that don't work
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5m-Whi...891070&hash=item287bc0030b:g:1yMAAOSwk2pctdsp

Thanks. I will buy them and will try next weekend. I removed attentuator, it didn't mane any difference. Thanks for your help today. I am done for today.

Back