Cable vs IPTV ?

krazydude

I was using Zgemma H2H a while back when things with Cable were still good. Then Sly channels went and my box started acting up a bit, saw it as a sign to move to another technology.
In came IPTV. My experience on IPTV was more misses than hits, especially when it came to Live Sports.

My IPTV sub has expired. Unable to contact my last provider for a renewal; as it seems he's moved on as well (so not answering his emails).

So I'm thinking should I find another IPTV provider or go back and give Cable another shot ?

Now please excuse my ignorance, as I have been out of this space for a while. So on the cable front, I have VM phone and internet.

Are the channels back on VM and does it make sense investing in the new Zgemma boxes (if so which one would you recommend) or that ship sailed long time ago and IPTV is the only game in town ? On the IPTV front, I have an Android box, which means finding a decent sub and I am up and running.....

I had, like you, a H2H, for the cable capabilities, but that ship has long since sailed, so the H2H was just used for satellite only, but it's mainly freeview stuff on there now, I used a firestick for IPTV and it works but wanted a dedicated box that was easier with just one remote, looking around on here and taking advice I obtained a Octagon SF8008, the model I got does satellite, freeview and will do IPTV, must say, it's a great box, and if you are used to a ZG box you won't be disappointed, works really slick, and just one remote.

Last edited:
IPTV is the only game in town unless you have a motorised setup for European channels.
You can use the DVB(C/T) tuner for Freeview via an aerial.

IPTV probably won't work on a H2H as a lot of streams are now H265 which the H2H can't handle.

get yourself a firestick or android box and use for IPTV, cable is dead as has been mentioned, if you got a sat dish or tv aerial then you can keep the box for freeview/freesat, if your tv has freeview built then the box would be redundant unless you use it to record freeview but most good IPTV providers would have catch up.

Back