Cable, where to start, where to go?

No, the only boxes with FBC tuners cost in excess of £200 as far as I know.
Pretty much looking like a non FBC box
The H7C getting a fair amount of coverage
Any others worth a look at?
Might need to fund it with what I can get from my F5s and 2s boxes

If you have a box with an fbc tuner then it only requires 1 virgin feed, the h7c requires two. splitting the feed again for the H7C should make no difference to signal or broadband speed as long as the splitters and cable are decent quality, not cheap £5 for 100m rolls from ebay or crap like that, I have 2 x labgear 2 way splitters inline in the front room alone, the first splits to the 2nd splitter and my VU+ box (with fbc tuner), the 2nd splitter then has 2 feeds for when I am setting other boxes up.
So I guess the tech used to split should be decent quality to prevent disruption. Currently the stuff is all from VM, including the splitter. I note the extra splitter likely to be required and where to get a decent one. Just hope when I take the plunge I don't have speed/signal issues.
Box wise, what about people's thoughts on the H4? The speed of the box on the h2s used to be ok. Or have things moved on a lot for the money since then?

The H4 is low spec, I would stick to the H7C if sticking with zgemma. I use labgear splitters which you can get from screwfix for about £4 or £5.

Oh also, how much data is used, what sort of speeds are suggested for the reliability side of things, both for box and connection in terms of bang for buck?

Oh also, how much data is used, what sort of speeds are suggested for the reliability side of things, both for box and connection in terms of bang for buck?
Speed is irrelevant if using a cable or sat line, dialup would be ample, data usage is minute, bytes rather than gigabytes

So where's best to buy, whether it's the H7C or any other suggestions?

Try the forum sponsor, their ad is halfway down the main page of this site

Speed is irrelevant if using a cable or sat line, dialup would be ample, data usage is minute, bytes rather than gigabytes

Try the forum sponsor, their ad is halfway down the main page of this site

Don't see a h7c on there, and not sure whether the other boxes work for me.

Last edited:
Back