WooshBuild Cache flush not flushing

Spyke

Brand new H7s set up yesterday.
I noticed this on my H2s but didn't do anything about it.
Any time I go into cache flush it is always full .. pressing blue button (clear now) only frees up a small amount .. 20/30 minutes later it is full again.
Thinking this might be part of the problem with my IPTV freezing up / stuttering all the time .. it's fine on my laptop through Tempest.
Any suggestions?
Cheers all.

4097_0_1_4_2FA1_81C9_0_0_0_0_20210702001758.jpg

How/why was it installed? I didn't do it manually.
Is it installed as part of WBI .. should I delete it from extensions?

I only use the better Openvix images and on that it needs to be downloaded.
His might have it pre configured and yes i would uninstall it.

H2 was a poorer limited box and needed both files to run on it.

Thinking about this a bit more .....
If cache flush isn't needed why is memory always showing as full or is that a false reading?

Help! Linux ate my RAM!

What's going on?​

Linux is borrowing unused memory for disk caching. This makes it look like you are low on memory, but you are not! Everything is fine!

Why is it doing this?​

Disk caching makes the system much faster and more responsive! There are no downsides, except for confusing newbies. It does not take memory away from applications in any way, ever!

What if I want to run more applications?​

If your applications want more memory, they just take back a chunk that the disk cache borrowed. Disk cache can always be given back to applications immediately! You are not low on ram!

Do I need more swap?​

No, disk caching only borrows the ram that applications don't currently want. It will not use swap. If applications want more memory, they just take it back from the disk cache. They will not start swapping.

Help! Linux ate my RAM!

What's going on?​

Linux is borrowing unused memory for disk caching. This makes it look like you are low on memory, but you are not! Everything is fine!

Why is it doing this?​

Disk caching makes the system much faster and more responsive! There are no downsides, except for confusing newbies. It does not take memory away from applications in any way, ever!

What if I want to run more applications?​

If your applications want more memory, they just take back a chunk that the disk cache borrowed. Disk cache can always be given back to applications immediately! You are not low on ram!

Do I need more swap?​

No, disk caching only borrows the ram that applications don't currently want. It will not use swap. If applications want more memory, they just take it back from the disk cache. They will not start swapping.
Spot on,
A lot of new Linux users think it is less efficient than other OSs because the RAM is nearly always almost maxed out
That's actually what makes it more efficient, it makes the most use of any available memory it can.
I still like to use a swap file tho, even on my laptop with 8G RAM I run a 4G swapfile.

Back