GrogBuild Can’t access openwebif terminal

Rolandgaros

Registered
Hi grog, or any other resident genius. I trying to reinstall freerange on H2H box. Got openwebif but when I click “terminal” nothing happens, can’t access login. Any help/suggestions?
cheers

Rolandgaros

Registered
The box had ATV 6.1 with freerange. I did online upgrade but only went to 6.2 so decided to do new install, but didnt reset box or anything.

Abu Baniaz

TK Veteran
Not all receivers will have the terminal aspect of OWIF installed. Vix does not install it on any of the receivers, ATV does not include it on some receivers.
The package is called openwebif-terminal, it is listed under extensions

Easier to use Putty, end result is the same, you are issuing commands to the Linux OS on the receiver.

IMO, everybody using these receivers should following on their PC as a bare minimum
Putty/telnet client (even enabling the one in windows)
FTP client
Linux compatible editor (notepad++)

Rolandgaros

Registered
I’m not fully clued into this but I used owif to put freerange on initially somehow so presumably it was ok then. I’ll check extensions. Thanks

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
I’m not fully clued into this but I used owif to put freerange on initially somehow so presumably it was ok then. I’ll check extensions. Thanks
On your box remote Press menu/information /about

What version number is showing?
If 6.4 you can't use webif Terminal or filezilla/putty without the password

grog68

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
I'm confused, do you have grogbuild installed already and trying to reflash or do you have something else on the box at the moment and trying to install grogbuild.

If you already have grogbuild freerange installed then terminal should work, if not then as has been mentioned terminal may not be installed but then if that's the case the link to terminal in webif normally isn't there if not installed.

As I said above, try using putty

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
I'm confused, do you have grogbuild installed already and trying to reflash or do you have something else on the box at the moment and trying to install grogbuild.

If you already have grogbuild freerange installed then terminal should work, if not then as has been mentioned terminal may not be installed but then if that's the case the link to terminal in webif normally isn't there if not installed.

As I said above, try using putty
He has terminal but it doesn't work.
I think the updates he's applied have screwed something up
Probably need to flash plain openatv 6.4 first then run GB FR command line